News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NEW features

Started by rickmastfan67, March 26, 2024, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Alps on March 30, 2024, 10:38:08 PMOld feature to bring back: marking a message as "New" or "Unread" after you click on the topic. It's nice that it brings you to the first unread message, but nothing marks read vs. unread messages after that as you scroll.

There's a 'Mark Unread' button at the bottom beside the 'Print' button.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: JoePCool14 on March 29, 2024, 02:04:10 PMGood to know we can at least still hover to see individual title posts. It would be nice to see it brought back like it used to be though, if it's still an option in SMF.

Found the option and turned it back on. ;)

hbelkins

Where did signature pictures go? My profile picture (Imagine..) shows but my signature image (Tardar Sauce a/k/a Grumpy Cat) does not.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jlam

Quote from: hbelkins on April 01, 2024, 03:16:10 PMWhere did signature pictures go? My profile picture (Imagine..) shows but my signature image (Tardar Sauce a/k/a Grumpy Cat) does not.
It looks like it was hosted on a page on the AARoads website but got discontinued/archived. Said image likely exists elsewhere.

hotdogPi

I still see it, including on mobile. (Real, not April Fools.)
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

rickmastfan67

Quote from: hbelkins on April 01, 2024, 03:16:10 PMWhere did signature pictures go? My profile picture (Imagine..) shows but my signature image (Tardar Sauce a/k/a Grumpy Cat) does not.

Because your signature image was in the 'old' gallery.  That info wasn't ported over when repairing the database.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Alps on March 30, 2024, 10:38:08 PMOld feature to bring back: marking a message as "New" or "Unread" after you click on the topic. It's nice that it brings you to the first unread message, but nothing marks read vs. unread messages after that as you scroll.

The 'NEW' image is now back. :)  Took several trials and errors on my offline forum finding the best placement spot for it (and the proper code to get it to work right), but it's now working. :)

jlam

Whenever I post something in a thread, I've noticed that it automatically adds it to my watchlist. It remains on the list unless I manually go in and remove it.

However, if I remove the thread from my watchlist once (like this one), it doesn't return to the list.

Alps

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on April 02, 2024, 02:35:10 AM

The 'NEW' image is now back. :)  Took several trials and errors on my offline forum finding the best placement spot for it (and the proper code to get it to work right), but it's now working. :)
I saw it today and went back to this thread to Like whoever fixed it (:

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jlam on April 02, 2024, 01:28:14 PMWhenever I post something in a thread, I've noticed that it automatically adds it to my watchlist. It remains on the list unless I manually go in and remove it.

To prevent threads from automatically being added to your 'watchlist', do the following:

Profile -> Notifications -> unclick the button for "Follow topics I create and reply to" -> Click the 'Save Settings' button at the bottom of that page.

jakeroot

Love having the "NEW" label back, thank you rickmastfan67.

I've noticed that profile picture limits have changed, my fingerpost profile picture (which I've used for like 10+ years now) is much smaller than it used to be. The horizontal limit is the same as before, 150px, but the display size is about half that (or less).

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jakeroot on April 03, 2024, 10:39:06 PMLove having the "NEW" label back, thank you rickmastfan67.

I've noticed that profile picture limits have changed, my fingerpost profile picture (which I've used for like 10+ years now) is much smaller than it used to be. The horizontal limit is the same as before, 150px, but the display size is about half that (or less).

Should be fixed now.  Another setting that somehow partially got reset and needed to be kicked to work again correctly. lol.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.