News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I hate this song!

Started by allniter89, October 05, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SectorZ

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 04, 2021, 10:23:55 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 22, 2017, 12:27:55 PM
Soft rock is boring :sleep:.
I like some soft rock now.

Kernals12 bring you on his yacht and you guys jammed out to Christopher Cross?

kphoger

Quote from: Alps on June 21, 2017, 12:34:36 AM
Uptown Funk. I will literally kill you for mentioning it.

This version is better:

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on May 05, 2021, 10:09:52 AM
Quote from: Alps on June 21, 2017, 12:34:36 AM
Uptown Funk. I will literally kill you for mentioning it.

This version is better:

If you like these kinds of videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/XhamssaX
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

OCGuy81

I hate Van Halen.  Just hate all their songs, but JUMP has a particular dog whistle like effect on me.  I hear it and I get pissed.  It's the worst piece of 80s synthesized tripe!

CapeCodder

Looking Glass-Brandy
Sugarloaf- Green-eyed Lady
Rupert Holmes- Escape (Pina Colada Song)
Tears For Fears- Sowing the Seeds of Love
Benny Mardones- Into the Night

hbelkins

Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 05, 2021, 10:36:54 AM
I hate Van Halen.  Just hate all their songs, but JUMP has a particular dog whistle like effect on me.  I hear it and I get pissed.  It's the worst piece of 80s synthesized tripe!

I'm not crazy about the stuff with the keyboards, especially as compared to their earlier stuff, but what hard rock/heavy metal contemporary bands of theirs from the late 70s/early 80s do you like?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kurumi

I might have a new winner.

The tiktok version of "Walking on the Sand" -- the "oh no oh no oh no" part shifted about an octave up. Over and over again.

Sorry.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

ErmineNotyours

Quote from: formulanone on October 05, 2014, 10:38:08 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on October 05, 2014, 10:02:37 AM
Manfred Mann's Blinded By The Light - So weary of that particular song as it has been played for over 35 years constantly.

Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody-  I hate the the choir type of operatic verses in the song, plus if you listen to the lyrics it is about giving up on life and not wanting to live. Not even a Rock Song although it may be classified as one.

Fully agreed on the first one, fully disagreed on the second one. I picked up an appreciation for the latter because it was exactly the length of my commute from home to work about a decade ago - driveway to parking spot - give or take a few seconds. Usually I was pulling up the parking brake lever just as the final "nothing really matters..." was crooning out from Freddie Mercury.

Before I had high-speed internet, I timer recorded most of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me on audio tape because I had to start work about 20 minutes after it started on a Saturday.  I would listen to it on my late evening 10 mile commute the next night.  It's amazing that every time I listened to it, I would arrive home right before the third and usually deciding "Not My Job" question.

Flint1979

I'll give my least favorite song by my favorite band. The Beatles and the song is Wild Honey Pie. All it is is about a minute of Paul singing wild honey pie over and over. The song makes no sense.

Flint1979

I also hate Thin Lizzy with a passion.

CoreySamson

I absolutely disdain the new trend of mixing country with rap. In fact, I dislike a lot of modern rap. It all just sounds the same.

My favorite genre is rock (doesn't really matter what kind it is). That being said though, I can't stand death metal where the singer is just screaming gibberish at a super low pitch. Living Sacrifice is a great example of that.

Quote from: kurumi on June 12, 2021, 11:16:26 PM

The tiktok version of "Walking on the Sand" -- the "oh no oh no oh no" part shifted about an octave up. Over and over again.
I couldn't agree more.

I also disdain a ton of Christmas songs; "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas", "Baby It's Cold Outside", and "Oh, Christmas Tree" come to mind. My favorite Christmas song, though, has to be "White Christmases in Houston" by Branded.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: CoreySamson on June 13, 2021, 12:53:05 AM
I absolutely disdain the new trend of mixing country with rap. In fact, I dislike a lot of modern rap. It all just sounds the same.

My favorite genre is rock (doesn't really matter what kind it is). That being said though, I can't stand death metal where the singer is just screaming gibberish at a super low pitch. Living Sacrifice is a great example of that.

Quote from: kurumi on June 12, 2021, 11:16:26 PM

I couldn't agree more.

I also disdain a ton of Christmas songs; "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas", "Baby It's Cold Outside", and "Oh, Christmas Tree" come to mind. My favorite Christmas song, though, has to be "White Christmases in Houston" by Branded.
I'm guessing that you don't like Old Town Road.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Flint1979 on June 12, 2021, 11:45:48 PM
I'll give my least favorite song by my favorite band. The Beatles and the song is Wild Honey Pie. All it is is about a minute of Paul singing wild honey pie over and over. The song makes no sense.

That song isn't really supposed to make sense; The White Album was the peak of their experimentation, so while you have the classics like While My Guitar Gently Weeps, you also get the weird shit like Wild Honey Pie and Why Don't We Do It In the Road, and of course Revolution 9. It's been described as "four albums under one roof" given the four members increasingly growing into their own separate styles that would be one of the long list of reasons for their dissolution in 1969-1970, and giving credence to the "four albums" suggestion, it's the most diverse Beatles album genre-wise; you have blues, calypso, folk ballads, British music hall, hard rock, experimental soundscapes, lush orchestral passages, country rock, really no two songs on the album sound remotely alike.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Route66Fan

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 22, 2016, 10:16:58 PM
The song I'm sick of right now is "My Hero, Zero" because of that Volkswagen commercial. Whoever would have thought that in 2016 I'd have a SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK song stuck in my head on a regular basis because of a car commercial!

I actually liked that one.

SM-J737P

Flint1979

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 13, 2021, 02:14:58 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on June 12, 2021, 11:45:48 PM

That song isn't really supposed to make sense; The White Album was the peak of their experimentation, so while you have the classics like While My Guitar Gently Weeps, you also get the weird shit like Wild Honey Pie and Why Don't We Do It In the Road, and of course Revolution 9. It's been described as "four albums under one roof" given the four members increasingly growing into their own separate styles that would be one of the long list of reasons for their dissolution in 1969-1970, and giving credence to the "four albums" suggestion, it's the most diverse Beatles album genre-wise; you have blues, calypso, folk ballads, British music hall, hard rock, experimental soundscapes, lush orchestral passages, country rock, really no two songs on the album sound remotely alike.
The White Album produced some of my favorite songs. Dear Prudence, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Happiness Is A Warm Gun and of course you can't go wrong with Helter Skelter. I think I like Revolver the best though with Taxman, Doctor Robert and Tomorrow Never Knows and my all-time favorite Beatles song Got To Get You Into My Life. You could honestly name all their albums and I probably have 3 or 4 songs off each one I like. The White Album though was their 9th album and their only double album so that one has a lot on it. Even their last song they did together wasn't bad, I Me Mine written by George.

Big John

Quote from: Route66Fan on June 13, 2021, 03:51:00 AM
The song I'm sick of right now is "My Hero, Zero" because of that Volkswagen commercial. Whoever would have thought that in 2016 I'd have a SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK song stuck in my head on a regular basis because of a car commercial!

SM-J737P

The point where he changed a non-standard speed limit to a reasonable one

US71

Quote from: Route66Fan on June 13, 2021, 03:51:00 AM

SM-J737P

I barely remember this one
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

Quote from: Flint1979 on June 12, 2021, 11:46:44 PM
I also hate Thin Lizzy with a passion.

They weren't a great album band -- I thought their albums contained a lot of filler -- but they have a lot of good tunes. The exception to the album rule is "Jailbreak." Every song on that set was good.

CoreySamson

Quote from: bugo on October 08, 2014, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on October 08, 2014, 10:58:20 AM
Speaking of Christian music, Stryper wasn't all that bad of a hair band.

They were pretty bad. No, they weren't as bad as Trixter or Firehouse, but they were worse than Poison and Warrant.
Funny. Stryper is one of my favorite bands of all time. They're actually still pumping out a great album every year, unlike most bands from their era.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Roadgeekteen

thspfc

Luke Combs. He's a meme. A joke to modern country music, and that's saying something because most country music stinks already. Luke Combs is a new level of terrible.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: thspfc on June 14, 2021, 07:48:15 AM
Luke Combs. He's a meme. A joke to modern country music, and that's saying something because most country music stinks already. Luke Combs is a new level of terrible.
He's alright.

kphoger

Generally, anything |kenarmy| says is the best song ever.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

renegade

Quote from: kphoger on June 15, 2021, 11:21:59 AM
Generally, anything |kenarmy| says is the best song ever.
I won't go that far, but I'm highly unlikely to change my opinion of any particular song just because someone tells me I would like it if I'd just listen to it one more time.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

hbelkins

Sometimes, music becomes an acquired taste. I could not stand Led Zeppelin when I was in high school. Ditto for Queen. (Yeah, I know, two of the most classic rock bands of the 70s.). I finally acquiesced to Zep when I was a senior in high school, and Queen a couple of years later.

Ditto for individual songs. I liked Dokken, but wasn't really a fan of their "Breaking the Chains" song until a band made up of friends of mine played it.

But I don't think I will ever come around to liking "The Crunge."

Now, where's that confounded bridge?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.