News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

ozarkman417

It's going to be another hot one for me tomorrow. High of 97, a record for this year. On Saturday, a cold front is expected to sweep through the Ozarks, giving the area rain, and more importantly, cooler temperatures.

Brandon

Dewpoint of 77F and humid as hell.  Supposed to see some strong storms tonight with a "Particularly Dangerous Situation" in the state to the north (Wisconsin).  Something's about to break, how bad, I don't yet know.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

kevinb1994

Quote from: Brandon on July 28, 2021, 09:20:33 PM
Dewpoint of 77F and humid as hell.  Supposed to see some strong storms tonight with a "Particularly Dangerous Situation" in the state to the north (Wisconsin).  Something's about to break, how bad, I don't yet know.
They don't call Milwaukee "Some misfortune happens"  for nothing.

Bruce

High 80s, ramping up to just over 90 on Friday. Broke down and finally bought a portable AC just in case.

We've become acclimated to 80s (which is pretty much all the weather has been for the past month) and it scares me.

7/8

I'm waking up to heavy rain and thunderstorms this morning. They're predicting 10mm of rain from 8-9am. Currently 16 C (61 F).

US 89

We've had quite the active last week here in Salt Lake. Last Thursday, after a week of watching southern Utah get a bunch of storms, northern Utah finally got in on the action as two severe thunderstorms hit downtown Salt Lake. Scattered reports of wind damage occurred, and at least one site in Davis County recorded a 76 mph wind gust. Some of the Utah County burn scar areas experienced debris flows and flash flooding as well.

After that, we dried out a little bit, and we did have a couple days of rather thick smoke from the fires in California. But yesterday the moisture returned, and with very light winds in the upper levels storms basically stayed over the exact same place. The result was several flash flood warnings in places we don't often see them - Cache County had its first warning since 1991 yesterday. More storms with the threat of heavy flooding rains look likely for probably the next week.

US 89

Quote from: 7/8 on July 29, 2021, 07:40:32 AM10mm (4") of rain

One of those numbers is off by a factor of 10

7/8

Quote from: US 89 on July 29, 2021, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: 7/8 on July 29, 2021, 07:40:32 AM10mm (4") of rain

One of those numbers is off by a factor of 10

Lol, good call :pan:. For some reason 10mm sounds like a decent rainfall, while 0.4" sounds miniscule. I guess I'm just not used to rain in inches.

Roadgeekteen

70s and cloudy, chance of rain.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JoePCool14

In Chicagoland, it's in the low-to-mid 80s this afternoon with overcast skies. I'm hoping we can get some rain to cool things off, but none is in the forecast for at least the next ten days.  :-(

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

kkt

83 now, headed for 90 by late afternoon.  ugh.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kphoger

At 6:38 PM

93°F
Sunny
40% humidity
Almost no breeze
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

ozarkman417

Around 11 tonight, a band of thunderstorms will sweep through my city as part of a much needed cold front that will make Monday's temperature 82, as opposed to today's 95.

Roadgeekteen

jakeroot

Pretty warm this morning in Tacoma. Woke up around 8:00 with it in the upper 60s to low 70s, which is pretty warm even for really hot days. The weirder part is that it's very cloudy. But it's a very high cloud, more akin to something you'd see on a stormy day. I checked the forecast, and sure enough it does seem that thunderstorms are at least a possibility for the next 4 to 5 days. Today it should be into the low 90s, and then backing off into the 80s for the foreseeable future.

To other Washingtonians: did you have any rain this morning? It feels muggy, and the radar did show some rain off in the distance, but everything is dry.

allniter89

8am air temp 86, heat index 103, now air temp 93 heat index 107. Possibility of heat indices of 115 this afternoon. Clouds building in should keep air temp steady but heat index will continue to rise. Good chance of rain Mon-Tues should give a short reprive from the heat we hope.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Bruce

Overcast with some wildfire smoke covering some of the mountains (and likely to drop over us soon). This is not a good combo, though at least the temperatures aren't expected to be over 76.

Roadgeekteen

Roadgeekteen

US 89

We had intense monsoon storms yesterday in Salt Lake, with some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen in Utah. The day started out very muggy thanks to some light rain the previous night, but we had full sun for most of the day to build up instability. Storms developed by mid-afternoon in the west desert, then organized into a broken line that moved into the Wasatch Front in the evening.A few severe thunderstorm warnings were issued for 60 mph winds, but the big story was the flooding caused by extremely heavy rainfall. Although the airport got only 0.18 inches of rain, most of the eastern side of the valley got probably 5 to 10 times that amount. Widespread flooding of streets and basements was observed across the metro area, and a whole lot of underpasses flooded that are not usually prone to this type of thing. Various portions of I-15, I-80, I-215, and local arterials had to close. Mudslides closed SR 190 in Big Cottonwood Canyon for a time last night. Even this morning, US 89 and US 6 are still closed in the Spanish Fork and Price Canyon regions due to slides off burn scar areas.

As bad as we had it in northern Utah last night, it sounds like the floods were even worse in the Enoch and Cedar City areas. This area has been absolutely dumped on multiple times over the past month, so their soils are completely saturated and couldn't absorb another 2 inches of rain yesterday - prompting the NWS to issue an extremely rare Flash Flood Emergency. According to the evening news last night, 200 homes flooded in Enoch - accounting for 10% of the city's population. Some of the videos coming out of that area yesterday were insane.

We're getting some light rain in SLC this morning, but nothing like yesterday. This will probably last for most of the day, though areas that get some sun today may see some stronger showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. After that, the active monsoon period looks to come to an end ... unfortunately, this will mean highs in the upper 90s by the end of the week.

kphoger

Smoke haze in the air lately, almost looks like range burning time but without the smell.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

thspfc

Been hazy for the better part of three weeks now. I honestly don't mind the haze itself, though the reason that it exists is sad. Yesterday afternoon was clear blue skies, but right back to the haze today.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.