Regional Boards > Southeast

Georgia

<< < (347/351) > >>

Tomahawkin:
Great Pics.. I have said it for 10 years, 316 should be 8 lanes total all the way to Athens, Winder, Auburn, Commerce, are all suburbs of Atlanta now, and the 2 lane roads at intersections don't cut it. 316 being 8 lanes total to Athens also helps with UGA traffic. Taking US 78 to Athens, Sucks...

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: adventurernumber1 on September 23, 2021, 06:06:38 PM ---This past weekend I got some pictures of all the activity on GA 316, which is looking good.

Taken of the newly completed interchange with GA 81:

--- End quote ---

Exit 5???

Are they basing mileage on the distance in the counties instead of the entire route?  If so, that so stupid.

adventurernumber1:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 24, 2021, 12:23:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: adventurernumber1 on September 23, 2021, 06:06:38 PM ---This past weekend I got some pictures of all the activity on GA 316, which is looking good.

--- End quote ---

Exit 5???

Are they basing mileage on the distance in the counties instead of the entire route?  If so, that so stupid.

--- End quote ---

I think so, as I remember the mile markers resetting once entering Barrow County, after rising to at least 14 in Gwinnett County. The mile markers were styled like this:

So that is indeed strange that they reset instead of being continuous, and it threw me off as well when I noticed they had reset.

iPhone

milbfan:
Same way in Kentucky and Tennessee on any routes (aside from Interstates).

Gnutella:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 24, 2021, 12:23:07 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Exit 5???

--- End quote ---

That baffles me too, as does the lack of exit arrows on the signs in both directions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version