News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

GDOT officially breaks ground on I-16/I-75 Interchange rebuild

Started by afguy, June 16, 2017, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afguy

This will be the biggest transportation investment in Macon's history. The total project will cost $500 million. Also, once complete it will be the biggest freeway-to-freeway interchange in the state outside of Metro Atlanta.

QuoteGeorgia DOT Commissioner Russell R. McMurry, State Senator David Lucas, State Representative James Beverly, Macon Bibb Mayor Robert Reichert along with State and local officials will officially break ground on the I-16/I-75 Interchange improvement project on Friday, June 16, 2017 at 10 a.m. The event will be held at the Macon Centreplex, 200 Coliseum Drive, Macon, Georgia 31217.

Groundbreaking ceremony for the I-16/I-75 interchange project which includes improvements to approximately 2.5 miles of I-75 from Hardeman Ave. to Pierce Ave. and almost 3 miles of I-16 from I-75 to Walnut Creek.
http://www.dot.ga.gov/AboutGeorgia/Pages/GDOTAnnouncementDetails.aspx?postID=280

Alex

Drove through there last Monday and noted that construction signs are up along Interstate 75 southbound. Had wondered if work was underway, now I see that it was about to start.

codyg1985

Looks like the project will be built over multiple phases. The last phase would be bid in 2023. It will be a very long ordeal for people that use this interchange, but well worth it in the end.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Henry

I have high hopes for this project, and I believe that it will be an improved version of the existing junction, like the Springfield Interchange (I-95/I-395/I-495) is.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Chris

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.