Regional Boards > Mountain West

Montana

<< < (8/8)

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: deathtopumpkins on April 07, 2021, 06:49:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: FrCorySticha on April 07, 2021, 12:42:18 PM ---Also, the reservation is not a specific time for entrance. It's a reservation that lasts for 7 days, and you can enter and leave as many times as you want during that period. This isn't a big deal, and it won't restrict people from visiting the park, so long as they do just a tiny bit of planning ahead.

--- End quote ---

This isn't entirely accurate. While yes, one entry is valid for 7 days, you MUST enter the park on the specific day you make the reservation for. So if you make a reservation for July 10, you MUST enter the park on July 10. You can return as many times as you want from the 11th through the 16th (assuming they aren't turning people away because it's at capacity), but ONLY if you entered the park on the 10th. You can't make a reservation for the 10th and then not show up until the 14th.

--- End quote ---

Your statement is untrue, as referenced by my own recent personal experience.

I was at Glacier last month. Our reservation was for the 16th. By the time we arrived at St. Marys, it was after 5 p.m. local time, so everyone was allowed in, reservation or not. My brother purchased the annual pass to enter the park, but was not asked to show his reservation. He had decided to go enter the park just in case the reservation needed to be activated on the date which it started.

We went back to the park the next day, during the reservation period timeframe, but not on the initial date. He showed his pass and the reservation, and was told he was good to go.

So no, you don't have to enter the park on the day specified on your reservation in order to be able to go in the next six days.

deathtopumpkins:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on September 23, 2021, 12:50:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: FrCorySticha on April 07, 2021, 12:42:18 PM ---Also, the reservation is not a specific time for entrance. It's a reservation that lasts for 7 days, and you can enter and leave as many times as you want during that period. This isn't a big deal, and it won't restrict people from visiting the park, so long as they do just a tiny bit of planning ahead.

--- End quote ---

This isn't entirely accurate. While yes, one entry is valid for 7 days, you MUST enter the park on the specific day you make the reservation for. So if you make a reservation for July 10, you MUST enter the park on July 10. You can return as many times as you want from the 11th through the 16th (assuming they aren't turning people away because it's at capacity), but ONLY if you entered the park on the 10th. You can't make a reservation for the 10th and then not show up until the 14th.

--- End quote ---

I was at Glacier last month. Our reservation was for the 16th. By the time we arrived at St. Marys, it was after 5 p.m. local time, so everyone was allowed in, reservation or not. My brother purchased the annual pass to enter the park, but was not asked to show his reservation. He had decided to go enter the park just in case the reservation needed to be activated on the date which it started.

We went back to the park the next day, during the reservation period timeframe, but not on the initial date. He showed his pass and the reservation, and was told he was good to go.

So no, you don't have to enter the park on the day specified on your reservation in order to be able to go in the next six days.

--- End quote ---

I was actually at Glacier myself in July.

But neither of our personal experiences is relevant, as the NPS website explicitly said you must enter on the first day of your reservation. The webpage has been taken down since ticketed entry ended September 7th though.

They very well may not have enforced such, but the website absolutely did say you needed to.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: deathtopumpkins on September 24, 2021, 08:23:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on September 23, 2021, 12:50:42 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I was actually at Glacier myself in July.

But neither of our personal experiences is relevant, as the NPS website explicitly said you must enter on the first day of your reservation. The webpage has been taken down since ticketed entry ended September 7th though.

They very well may not have enforced such, but the website absolutely did say you needed to.

--- End quote ---

They must have changed the wording, because that requirement was not present at any time when I viewed the page, or when my brother viewed the page and made the reservation.

They must have gone back and forth on their requirement, then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version