Regional Boards > Mid-South

Austin: IH 35 rebuild

<< < (19/21) > >>

cbalducc:
Wasn’t I-35 through Austin a double decker at one point?

MaxConcrete:

--- Quote from: cbalducc on October 24, 2021, 08:10:02 PM ---Wasn’t I-35 through Austin a double decker at one point?

--- End quote ---
It still has the upper deck north of downtown. All options still under study for the rebuild will remove the upper deck and place all lanes below grade.

The option for a double deck tunnel has been eliminated, mainly due to extremely high cost and also due to difficult constructability and less access for emergencies.

The remaining two options under study both require right-of-way, which is contributing to controversy.

thisdj78:
I wonder that the feasibility would be for them to add a lane to the upper decks similar to how they added lanes to the 130 toll bridges when they expended to 6 lanes? And also eliminating exit/entry ramps in multiple spots?

Really there only needs to be exits for Airport, MLK and Cesar Chavez. The others are unnecessary and contribute to the congestion downtown.

Great Lakes Roads:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcUx5r_ksk8
Here's a video of the I-35 in Austin by City Beautiful.

longhorn:

--- Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on October 25, 2021, 03:49:23 PM ---//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcUx5r_ksk8
Here's a video of the I-35 in Austin by City Beautiful.

--- End quote ---

That was a waste of 8 minutes. The powers that be want I-35 expanded, it will happen. And I will add 130 to that expansion list too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version