National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Outer Banks NC "city meet"

(1/32) > >>

A.J. Bertin:
I'm excited to announce that my "city meet" for 2020 will be held in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'm calling this a "city meet" but it's going to be quite different than my Providence meet in 2019 because the Outer Banks isn't a "city" and the focus of this meet will be purely the drive along NC 12 and U.S. 158.

I'm tentatively planning on having us gather for lunch in Nags Head, and then we'll head northwest for dinner in Elizabeth City. Folks will be encouraged to join for lunch, dinner, or both.

My plan, if anyone else is thinking of doing something similar, is to stay in Morehead City NC on Thursday night and drive from there to Nags Head on Friday. That will allow me to drive most of NC 12 and take the two NC 12 ferries (Cedar Island to Ocracoke, and Ocracoke to Hatteras).

The poll for helping me select a date will remain open until October 1, 2019. The exact date will be determined sometime around that time, and I will create a Facebook event.

I'm looking forward to hosting my second city meet! I've never been to the Outer Banks and am excited about exploring this area with others. :)

Alps:
I would encourage making this a multi-option poll.

A.J. Bertin:

--- Quote from: Alps on August 01, 2019, 10:14:59 PM ---I would encourage making this a multi-option poll.

--- End quote ---

It doesn't look like I have the option to change that when I click the Edit Poll option.

kevinb1994:
June 20th is on Fatherís Day weekend, so thatís pretty much a no-go for most of us. June 27th is cutting a little close to July 4th. Same with May 30th; cutting a little too close to Memorial Day. Late April works because it wonít be too hot outside up there. Just sayiní.

BTW, thereís a NC county to the west of the OBX that has the name of Bertie (Windsor is the county seat) ;)

EDIT: Iíll be adding this to my calendar for 2022, and will be looking at this or the recently-announced Philly meet.

Alps:

--- Quote from: kevinb1994 on August 01, 2019, 10:50:00 PM ---June 20th is on Fatherís Day weekend so thatís pretty much a no-go for most of us. June 27th is cutting a little close to July 4th. Same with May 30th cutting a little close to Memorial Day. Late April works because it wonít be too hot outside up there. Just sayiní.

BTW, thereís a NC county to the west of the OBX that has the name of Bertie (Windsor is the county seat) ;)

--- End quote ---
Oh dear god, I agree with Brownlie. Father's Day is going to be tough, not to mention anything after Memorial Day is going to be very crowded. April is off peak and away from any holiday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version