National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Outer Banks NC "city meet"

<< < (32/32)

Alps:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on March 01, 2021, 09:12:01 AM ---
--- Quote ---Not everyone in the road enthusiast community is an engineer (or an innovator in general), but everyone in this community deserves respect for the rational decisions they make.
--- End quote ---

The good news at this point is that I think we are good (for the most part) to do at least day trips wherever.  Part of my personal issue through all this is feeling told that doing things that are mostly safe (such as a drive by myself for a day trip) is considered bad even though the chances of spreading the virus is quite low in this scenario.

As I have stated earlier in this thread, I would be open to a socially distanced Raleigh/Durham Meet later this summer when the East End Connector is open.

--- End quote ---
What we do is far enough out of the mainstream that they're not thinking of us when they list safe states and mandatory quarantines. How many people would drive 2 states over to check out a bridge and back home in the same day? That said, there's very little enforcement of "are you on the most direct route" that I'm aware of in this country (moreso in Canada).
I am in for East End. Name your weekend.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 28, 2021, 08:19:06 AM ---if you have the desire to explore the Outer Banks two years in a row.   Totally understandable if you don't.  :)

--- End quote ---

They weren't roadgeeking trips, but when I was a kid, we went to the Outer Banks two years in a row, taking different routes to and from each time.

74/171FAN:

--- Quote ---I am in for East End. Name your weekend.
--- End quote ---

I plan to start a thread on this later in the week.

Alps:
Understanding this to be April 30 I am likely in now that my schedule conflict has resolved.

Takumi:
Saving for South Africa. Iím out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version