News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Connecticut milepost exit numbering conversion

Started by The Ghostbuster, April 20, 2023, 06:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob7374

Have now added photos taken in October of new signage with the new milepost exit numbers along I-691 in both directions between I-91 and I-84, such as:

Complete set at: https://malmeroads.net/mass21c/neexitrenumbering.html#i691exits

bob7374

I checked on the CTDOT exit renumbering project page for any updates. There are several on the FAQ page. It appears that completion dates for several routes have been moved up. CT 8 is now listed with a 2024 completion date. I-84 was moved up from 2028 to 2026 and I-95 from 2029 to 2028. Meanwhile, the sign replacement/exit renumbering project for CT 15 is still scheduled to be advertised a month from today, May 8.

The CTDOT site: https://portal.ct.gov/DOT/Traffic-Engineering/Exit-Renumbering

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

shadyjay

Obvviously an older image, as CT 9 has had new exit numbers for over a year now.  Are we going on 2 years this summer?  Then that means the "OLD"s come down soon.

The same style is up on CT 2 as well, but more is tarped... in fact, everything is tarped except, on the "OLD EXIT #" panel, only "OLD" is tarped.  Some gores only have the "OLD EXIT #" portion up so far.  There's still a fair amount of button copy signage on CT 2 not yet replaced, such as the Norwich area and in Glastonbury.  Haven't heard a definitive exit number change date for CT 2/CT 3/CT 11 yet, but I'd assume it would be this summer. 

That's good that conversion on the 2DIs has moved up... leads me to believe that overlays may actually come to light, vs outright replacement.  For I-95, Clinton-New London comes up to bid later this spring.  Figure at least 2 years lead time.  So that's 2026.  No sign of any Branford-Guilford project to notch out the rest of the button copy.  Nothing for I-91 yet north of Hartford.  And the oldest of the old continues to get even older on I-84 in E Hartford and Manchester. 

Ted$8roadFan

I guess it's Connecticut being Connecticut, but it's kind of crazy that they're taking such a long time to make the changeover when its neighbors (RI and MA) did it much quicker, relatively speaking.

vdeane

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on April 11, 2024, 05:15:49 AMI guess it's Connecticut being Connecticut, but it's kind of crazy that they're taking such a long time to make the changeover when its neighbors (RI and MA) did it much quicker, relatively speaking.
MA was willing to overlay new numbers on existing signs and RI is smaller.  At least CT will still beat even the most optimistic projections for VT and NH.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

The Ghostbuster

Not to mention that New York is going to be the slowest one of all in conversions to mileage-based exit numbers. I'd also like Delaware to convert Interstate 95, Interstate 495, and DE 1 to mileage-based exit numbers, but that seems unlikely.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.