News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Georgia DOT pushes back plans for metro Atlanta toll lanes

Started by afguy, October 08, 2019, 02:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afguy

QuoteThe Georgia Department of Transportation had planned to complete toll lanes on the northern half of I-285 by 2028. But under the revised plan released Monday, the lanes won't be finished until 2032. The opening of new toll lanes on Ga. 400 has been pushed back from 2024 to 2027.Meanwhile, GDOT will accelerate construction of truck lanes from Macon to McDonough and the widening of I-85 from Ga. 53 to U.S. 129 northeast of Atlanta. It also will move forward with smaller improvements along I-285.
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgia-dot-pushes-back-plans-for-metro-atlanta-toll-lanes/RIUSnmA6IQ74r9rdjQOShK/#

Tomahawkin

What do the smaller improvements on 285 consist of? Because 285 as a whole is FUB'R! Its beyond me as to where there is/has never been any overhead lighting on 285, considering it's one of the most dangerous interstates in the Country...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.