News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wriddle082

I left SC on I-95 early last week and will return likely on I-95 on Friday evening.  Normally I leave SC on I-77 at least once a week.

CtrlAltDel

Yesterday, I went from Johnson City TN to Abingdon VA. On the way there, I took I-81, but on the way book, I used VA-75/TN-44.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

sparker

Most recent out-of-state trip, early last fall, was to help a friend who was moving from Scotts Valley, CA to Reno, NV -- but he had previously moved a large portion of his belongings to a storage space in Lodi.  All driving Penske over-the-cab vans (3 total).  Went over CA 12 from Lodi to CA 88 in Lockeford and then up 88 all the way into NV, and finally up US 395 and I-580 into Reno.  Dropped off the vans there and all piled up into his extended-cab Ram for the return trip the next day -- and he wanted to go via the Feather River Canyon, so we re-entered CA on US 395 en route to CA 70 (and then CA 99, I-80, and I-680 back to San Jose).   

sbeaver44

Yesterday
Exited PA on I-81
Reentered on MD 64->PA 997
Exited on PA 16->MD 140
Reentered on US 15

CtrlAltDel

I recently returned from a conference in Macon GA. I left Tennessee on I-75 in Chattanooga, and I returned on US-23 in Dillard.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Rothman

Took a little day trip a couple of days ago:

Left NY to PA on I-84 and came back in on I-81.

Same trip earlier on:

Left NY to NJ on Mountain Road into NJ from I-84.  Came back in on NJ 23 into Port Jervis.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

D-Dey65

When I drove up to NYC in April 2019, I left Florida along US 17 and came back along I-95, and that was only after I made a U-Turn at Exit 1 on I-95 in Georgia.

I don't remember if I left Florida along I-95 in November 2019 or not, but I know I drove back on US 17 in December 2019.

frankenroad

Living 5 miles from one state, and 20 from another - this happens fairly often.

Last fall, I was between jobs and took a temp job just west of the Cincinnati airport, in Hebron KY.  I live in Cincinnati.  The most direct route is to use I-71/75, and most days I would go to work that way.  Coming home was a different story - sometimes I would use I-275 through Indiana to I-74 or the ferry between Constance KY and Cincinnati.  The 275/74 way was about 10 miles longer, but I could usually go 70-75 the whole way, as opposed to 10-20 on parts of 71/75.   The ferry was probably not a time saver, but much more relaxing.

Because of a group I am in, I still go to Kentucky one evening a week, and, depending on where I am leaving from, and current traffic conditions, I take I-275, I-471, I-71/75, or US-25/42/127.  Coming home later in the evening, I almost always take I-71/75.  It's only 15-20 minutes when there's no traffic.

As far as an out of state road trip, on my most recent trip, I both left and re-entered on I-74.
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

Mark68

My last trip out of Colorado was last summer's trip to Vegas. I-70 out, I-70 back.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

hbelkins

Quote from: frankenroad on March 02, 2020, 03:24:13 PM
Living 5 miles from one state, and 20 from another - this happens fairly often.

Last fall, I was between jobs and took a temp job just west of the Cincinnati airport, in Hebron KY.  I live in Cincinnati.  The most direct route is to use I-71/75, and most days I would go to work that way.  Coming home was a different story - sometimes I would use I-275 through Indiana to I-74 or the ferry between Constance KY and Cincinnati.  The 275/74 way was about 10 miles longer, but I could usually go 70-75 the whole way, as opposed to 10-20 on parts of 71/75.   The ferry was probably not a time saver, but much more relaxing.

Because of a group I am in, I still go to Kentucky one evening a week, and, depending on where I am leaving from, and current traffic conditions, I take I-275, I-471, I-71/75, or US-25/42/127.  Coming home later in the evening, I almost always take I-71/75.  It's only 15-20 minutes when there's no traffic.

As far as an out of state road trip, on my most recent trip, I both left and re-entered on I-74.

Anderson Ferry is quite popular as a commuter route for people who live in Ohio but work at the airport.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

Yesterday:

NY/PA, PA/NY: I-86/NY 17, Sayre

and

NY/PA: NY/PA 328

PA/NY: US 15/I-99

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

howlincoyote2k1

Left Utah on I-70 into Colorado, returned from Nevada via I-80.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

sbeaver44

Quote from: Rothman on March 06, 2020, 10:08:36 AM
Yesterday:

NY/PA, PA/NY: I-86/NY 17, Sayre

and

NY/PA: NY/PA 328

PA/NY: US 15/I-99
NY 17: "STATE BORDER"

TheGrassGuy

My most recent out-of-state road trip: entered and exited via I-287 into NY
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

NWI_Irish96

The nearest grocery store sits just barely on my side of the IN/IL border, with some of the parking lot on the other side.  It's not uncommon for me to cross the state line in the parking lot, park, cross the state line on foot to enter the store, cross again on foot after exiting, and then cross one more time in the parking lot heading home.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

allniter89

It was a beautiful, mild (78°) Friday afternoon, perfect for a drive with the windows down & "Vinyl Classics" jammin on XM. I left home (Crestview,FL) on US 90 & FL 83 to AL 153. I cruised  Samson, Andalusia, Geneva & River Falls , AL. I re-entered FL from AL 55 to FL 85 back to Crestview.
One station in AL was selling gas for $1.94, others &2.00-$2.15. Crestview prices were from $2.14 in town to $2.59 at the I 10 FL 85 area, gouge the tourist smh. All in all a near perfect Friday 13.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

ftballfan

I left and re-entered Michigan on my last trip (to Florida) via the US-31 freeway near Niles both ways

webny99

When we are actually free to leave our states again, it really will be historic and worthy of posting to this thread!

What was the last state you visited before COVID-19 hit?
For me, it was actually the province of Ontario, about 3 weeks ago. Prior to that, I don't think I hit any other US states since PA and Ohio last November.

EDIT: Just remembered the day-trip to Jersey I did at the end of January.

Rothman

ipeters61

Before the outbreak came, I was doing field visits for work and had a meeting that was way shorter than I'd planned.  So I decided I'd take my lunch break then and took a walk.  Didn't realize that I was so close to the PA border.

So I crossed into PA on foot from DE on PA/DE-82.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

hbelkins

Quote from: webny99 on March 20, 2020, 03:00:48 PM
When we are actually free to leave our states again, it really will be historic and worthy of posting to this thread!

Who isn't free to leave their state? Even those who've been placed under "shelter in place" orders (California and Illinois that I know of) are allowing exceptions for outdoor recreation. What's stopping someone from heading to another state?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

Quote from: hbelkins on March 21, 2020, 09:33:23 PM

Who isn't free to leave their state? Even those who've been placed under "shelter in place" orders (California and Illinois that I know of) are allowing exceptions for outdoor recreation. What's stopping someone from heading to another state?
Social stigma of being a spreader.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on March 22, 2020, 12:42:48 AM

More work for me (California).  Granted that demand right now is being driven by the virus.  In theory I could easily leave the state at any time provided I had 2-3 days to make it worth it.  I don't make a habit of saying where I'm going anyways so it shouldn't bother anyone what remote corner of the world I chose to visit regardless of the circumstance.  That said, what I had planned was traversing the Great Basin Desert before things went nutty lately. Granted what I hade mind was for late April anyways.

webny99

Quote from: Rothman on March 22, 2020, 12:42:48 AM

That, and the further you are from a state line, the less likely you can just drive there for the sake of driving without overnighting.
Take Laredo, TX as an extreme example: how could you possibly hit any other states from there on a day trip?
In my case, yeah, technically I *could* jump in the car and drive 2 hours to PA just for the sake of it, but it's just not happening at this point.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.