Regional Boards > Ohio Valley

Dayton, OH

(1/5) > >>

AcE_Wolf_287:
So I was Wondering, Why does I-75 Cross the Miami River in Dayton 5 time when either it could stay in downtown side, or the Western Side of The Miami River, Could anyone Help me out with this?

Also Is US 35 in Dayton up to Interstate Highway Standards?

1:

--- Quote from: AcE_Wolf_287 on July 15, 2020, 09:37:33 AM ---So I was Wondering, Why does I-75 Cross the Miami River in Dayton 5 time when either it could stay in downtown side, or the Western Side of The Miami River, Could anyone Help me out with this?

--- End quote ---

So it can access both sides of the river easily?

Flint1979:
I believe it is like that so that I-75 can serve the downtown exits. It's just the most direct route through there with the way the river flows. It crosses the Miami River two more times about 20-30 miles north of Dayton.

AcE_Wolf_287:

--- Quote from: Flint1979 on July 15, 2020, 10:22:17 AM ---I believe it is like that so that I-75 can serve the downtown exits. It's just the most direct route through there with the way the river flows. It crosses the Miami River two more times about 20-30 miles north of Dayton.

--- End quote ---

yea but its kinda weird that OHDOT spent that much money on like bridges when it possibly could've went to I-73/I-74 extension, or maybe repairing other bridges, or something else

Hot Rod Hootenanny:

--- Quote from: AcE_Wolf_287 on July 15, 2020, 03:58:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flint1979 on July 15, 2020, 10:22:17 AM ---I believe it is like that so that I-75 can serve the downtown exits. It's just the most direct route through there with the way the river flows. It crosses the Miami River two more times about 20-30 miles north of Dayton.

--- End quote ---

yea but its kinda weird that OHDOT spent that much money on like bridges when it possibly could've went to I-73/I-74 extension, or maybe repairing other bridges, or something else

--- End quote ---

It was built 60 years ago. So what does I-73 have to do with it?!
BTW, US 35 is not interstate compatible because it has multiple left hand exits within a mile, with no interior shoulders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version