Regional Boards > Northwest

Cornelius Pass Road will now be Oregon 127

(1/4) > >>

OCGuy81:
Since Oregon is so good at signing state highways  :rolleyes: I'm sure we can expect signage on the route itself and BGS displays soon..... :-D

PORTLAND, Ore. ó It's a steep, curvy, crash-prone road through the West Hills, and now it's the Oregon Department of Transportation's problem.

Control of the eight-mile section of Northwest Cornelius Pass Road between Highway 26 and Highway 30 was transferred to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) on March 1. While it gets new state road designation as Highway 127, it will still be know as Cornelius Pass Rd. No street addresses are changing.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/steep-curvy-road-prone-to-crashes-is-now-odots-problem/283-697a1b66-31b4-4d7e-bd66-c43be569ac99 

Max Rockatansky:
Neat, Iím glad I referenced Cornelius Pass when I did a blog on the Sunset Highway.

JasonOfORoads:
Washington County still has jurisdiction over the Rock Creek Bridge. It was built in 1946 when the new alignment of Cornelius Pass Road was being constructed, and needs replacing before it can be turned over to ODOT.

Tarkus:

--- Quote from: OCGuy81 on March 02, 2021, 09:10:59 PM ---Since Oregon is so good at signing state highways  :rolleyes: I'm sure we can expect signage on the route itself and BGS displays soon..... :-D

--- End quote ---

The article you linked said they were going to sign it.  I'm only expecting a few shields on the route itself, though--it'd be typical of ODOT to just to install two, one at the north end, one at the south.  I'd be absolutely shocked if they had OR-127 on any BGSes, and the most I'd anticipate them doing for that is some standalone "To OR-127" shields or the like.

-Tarkus

OCGuy81:
Youíre probably right. ODOT wonít replace any BGS and itíll probably be a sad standalone shield with a TO like they used to have for 551 near Canby

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version