National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

2021 West Irondequoit Road Meet - September 25, 2021

<< < (3/11) > >>

webny99:

--- Quote from: Alps on April 02, 2021, 01:00:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: webny99 on April 01, 2021, 05:29:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: cl94 on April 01, 2021, 10:21:48 AM ---The stops on this meet will include the best of what beautiful Irondequoit has to offer, including...

- Every ramp of the NY 104 / NY 590 interchange!

--- End quote ---

Including this one!

--- End quote ---
I had never even noticed that. I agree, let's have it on the meet.

(BTW, I am happy to host this meet, but would like help from someone more local just in case.)

--- End quote ---

I think (?) I might be the closest person that's active here. I'm on the other side of the bay.

With that said, I wouldn't be able to host for a bunch of reasons I won't get into, but I could possibly pop in to one of the stops to say hello if this does end up happening... it would depend on the schedule though.

vdeane:

--- Quote from: cl94 on April 01, 2021, 10:21:48 AM ---The stops on this meet will include the best of what beautiful Irondequoit has to offer, including...

--- End quote ---

Including this one!

--- End quote ---

(BTW, I am happy to host this meet, but would like help from someone more local just in case.)

--- End quote ---
I could probably take a look at stops and whatnot on my trips home.  Would you be looking at keeping it to what's listed in the OP or possibly expanding out to some of the recent/current projects in the Rochester area?  Construction is ongoing on the new 390 SB thru lanes in the 490 interchange, the area where the Inner Loop was removed looks completely different, and the Driving Park Ave bridge at lower falls (about a mile south of the Veterans Bridge) has never been featured in a meet.  There's also I-390 exit 16 and the Pont de Rennes Bridge (also never featured in a meet).

We've also talked about having a Rochester meet at a Wegmans; given the pandemic, now might be the time to do it, and there's one just up the road from that McDonald's (it's even called the Irondequoit store!).

csw:
I'd consider driving out for a Rochester meet. I've been wanting to take a trip there for a while to check out all the old signs.

baugh17:

--- Quote from: vdeane on April 01, 2021, 10:37:19 PM ---And if it's your birthday, we'll make sure to get out the disco ball and sparkler and play this:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cvJPC6nGZ0
--- End quote ---

Where are you?

Alps:

--- Quote from: vdeane on April 02, 2021, 09:01:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Including this one!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I could probably take a look at stops and whatnot on my trips home.  Would you be looking at keeping it to what's listed in the OP or possibly expanding out to some of the recent/current projects in the Rochester area?  Construction is ongoing on the new 390 SB thru lanes in the 490 interchange, the area where the Inner Loop was removed looks completely different, and the Driving Park Ave bridge at lower falls (about a mile south of the Veterans Bridge) has never been featured in a meet.  There's also I-390 exit 16 and the Pont de Rennes Bridge (also never featured in a meet).

We've also talked about having a Rochester meet at a Wegmans; given the pandemic, now might be the time to do it, and there's one just up the road from that McDonald's (it's even called the Irondequoit store!).

--- End quote ---
I think if you have some other ideas of what to see, the core concept is flexible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version