News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Several Florida interstates I've never heard of

Started by usends, June 04, 2021, 05:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usends

usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Max Rockatansky

And I featured almost all of them on Gribblenation a couple years ago.  I didn't know they were secret Interstates either.  :rolleyes:

SkyPesos

when you're town is not on the interstate system but you don't want to feel left out...

kphoger

I don't see a single Interstate shield on that map.  They honestly look more like US Route shields than anything.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

coolkevs

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

allniter89

Quote from: usends on June 04, 2021, 05:57:32 PM

from https://30a.com/map/
There were a couple signs in my area showing US 90 as FL 90 but they finally changed b4 I could get a photo.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

bwana39

This advertising map looks like they are ALL interstate shields. LOL. Some of them are only COUNTY ROADS,
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Avalanchez71

Quote from: bwana39 on June 05, 2021, 11:08:28 PM
This advertising map looks like they are ALL interstate shields. LOL. Some of them are only COUNTY ROADS,

Aren't the majority of those county roads?

GaryV

What's the big deal?  This is hardly the first advertisement that didn't use proper shields on a map.

kphoger

Quote from: bwana39 on June 05, 2021, 11:08:28 PM

Hardly.  Interstate shields are blue and red.  None of the ones on the map are.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

vdeane

Maps (especially paper ones) often use outlines without color for route shield symbology.  It's the same shape as interstate shield.  I can get why you might see it differently, though - all the route types in Kansas use different shield colors, while most of the rest of us are in states where US and state routes are both black and white, differing only by shape.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.