Regional Boards > Northwest

I-405 Express Toll Lanes Renton to Bellevue Project

<< < (3/3)

Bruce:

--- Quote from: jakeroot on June 09, 2021, 03:57:48 AM ---Leaving Bellevue southbound has to be one of my least favorite drives in the state. Quite gorgeous scenery, as with most places, but the traffic is just immense at rush hour. This will be a welcome improvement.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. I do not bother trying to do that trip between noon and dinnertime due to the traffic and idiots who can't weave properly.

It's too bad that the BRT line (Stride S1) tied to this project will have substandard stations in the Renton area. Only one stop at the freeway-adjacent South Renton park and ride instead of serving the current downtown hub or something for the Landing.

ErmineNotyours:

--- Quote from: Bruce on June 09, 2021, 09:22:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: jakeroot on June 09, 2021, 03:57:48 AM ---Leaving Bellevue southbound has to be one of my least favorite drives in the state. Quite gorgeous scenery, as with most places, but the traffic is just immense at rush hour. This will be a welcome improvement.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. I do not bother trying to do that trip between noon and dinnertime due to the traffic and idiots who can't weave properly.

It's too bad that the BRT line (Stride S1) tied to this project will have substandard stations in the Renton area. Only one stop at the freeway-adjacent South Renton park and ride instead of serving the current downtown hub or something for the Landing.

--- End quote ---

But that's the purpose of the modern, ultra fast [cough, cough] RapidRide F bus.  They're currently tearing up the streets in Downtown Renton to return them to two-way and discourage express through buses.  But you can wait 15 minutes to catch a bus in the wrong direction to wait another 15 minutes for the bus to Bellevue.  Currently that bus serves downtown, but only runs once an hour on weekends.

Henry:
I say bring it on! As I'm currently based in Seattle itself, I don't drive I-405 much anyway, but once it's finished, I'll tour it the first chance I get.

jakeroot:

--- Quote from: stevashe on June 09, 2021, 03:11:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: jakeroot on June 09, 2021, 03:57:48 AM ---The current HOV lane is quite fun as, like the 167, it only has HOV restrictions from 5am to 7pm. On my trips from Bellevue back down south, I often delay my return until after 7 so I can utilise the lane. Even the flyover at the 167 is signed for 5am to 7pm, so you better believe I use that thing too. Oh, and of course, the 167 HOT lanes are ALSO 5am to 7pm, so I can use them too. It's a real treat!

--- End quote ---

Do you have any experience with the existing express toll lanes? They are free not only at night at 7pm and before 5am, but also on the weekends. The vast majority of my trips on northern I-405 have been for free in the past year since I've been mainly traveling at night and weekends, for obviously reasons. Definitely a real treat there as well!

--- End quote ---

Most of my trips north of Bellevue generally are to points well north of Bellevue. Considering I live in Tacoma, I don't much use 405 apart from going to Bellevue-proper. The lone exception is when I'm with my girlfriend. We usually default to 405 when going up north (Bellingham, Skagit Valley, etc) because of where she lives, whereas I usually just stay on I-5 when I leave Tacoma. But as to your point, I am aware that the 405 north of Bellevue is also free before 5/after 7, but I'm just so rarely up there that it doesn't immediately occur to me, and my primary interaction with open-HOV lanes is 405 south of Bellevue and the 167; the 16 has a 24/7 HOV lane, for what it's worth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version