Regional Boards > Mid-South

General Houston-area projects thread

<< < (7/8) > >>

achilles765:

--- Quote from: thisdj78 on July 04, 2021, 03:24:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Anthony_JK on July 04, 2021, 02:06:55 AM ---Probably no need for a freeway here, since the Sam Houston Tollway offers the needed access from 249 to I-45.

--- End quote ---

I travel on the road often when visiting family, itís a high traffic corridor and it could definitely use a limited access upgrade IMO. Especially the stretch between BW8 and Montgomery Rd.

--- End quote ---

When I lived in magnolia and commutes downtown with my grandmother everyday, traffic was always heavy enough to warrant a freeway or some kind of limited access. Frankly that stretch has more traffic than south main, hardy, Westpark, or the new tollway section through tomball.

CoreySamson:
The new Elysian Viaduct bridge connecting downtown and the north side has opened:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/Traffic-returns-to-Elysian-Viaduct-Houston-s-16320152.php

achilles765:

--- Quote from: CoreySamson on July 19, 2021, 11:28:59 AM ---The new Elysian Viaduct bridge connecting downtown and the north side has opened:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/Traffic-returns-to-Elysian-Viaduct-Houston-s-16320152.php

--- End quote ---

this is good news.  I live in the east end and this could be a good alternate route when the train is stopped on Hirsch

TheBox:
Whenever they start working on this "Alvin Freeway (or Tollway)", which will be over Mywaka Rd for a good portion of it.
Are they just gonna pull a US-90 Alt/S. Main (between I-610 and S Gessner), or are they gonna pull a I-610/West Loop over the Post Oak Roads (between S. Post Oak and the Galleria area)?

i'm leaning more towards the former, cause it looks like there's not much space on Mykawa Rd, at least to me

thisdj78:

--- Quote from: TheBox on July 22, 2021, 10:11:54 PM ---Whenever they start working on this "Alvin Freeway (or Tollway)", which will be over Mywaka Rd for a good portion of it.
Are they just gonna pull a US-90 Alt/S. Main (between I-610 and S Gessner), or are they gonna pull a I-610/West Loop over the Post Oak Roads (between S. Post Oak and the Galleria area)?

i'm leaning more towards the former, cause it looks like there's not much space on Mykawa Rd, at least to me

--- End quote ---

Thereís enough space, they probably will run the train tracks down the median like MOPAC freeway in Austin, which isnít a very wide freeway but yet they still managed to add two new toll lanes 6+ years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version