User Content > Road Trips

New England in August

<< < (6/8) > >>

froggie:
Given the inability to cross the Canadian border before the 9th, I'm curious why you're going to Calais.

In Vermont, stop somewhere for a creemee.  Especially a maple creemee.  Just.  Do.  It.  Dairy Creme on US 2 west of Montpelier is an option (requires NOT getting on I-89 right away).

Prohibition Pig in Waterbury.  Also a micro-brewery.  Brewery side should be open for lunch when you pass thru.  Though I believe the US 2 reconstruction project through Waterbury has begun.

Any particular reason for taking the long way around the north side of Lake Champlain when there are two ferries that can cut the distance?

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: froggie on June 21, 2021, 10:20:37 AM ---If you're going to do Cape Cod, do it mid-week.  Don't even think of trying between Thursday and Monday.

--- End quote ---
Which is worse for traffic? US 6 in Cape Cod, or NY 27 between Hampton Bays and Montauk Point? Because I've been in the latter on good days and bad days.

froggie:
Never been on the latter so I cannot make a good comparison.

The biggest hiccup with Cape Cod is getting across the canal, since you (currently) only have the two VERY antiquated bridges crossing the canal.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: D-Dey65 on August 04, 2021, 11:10:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: froggie on June 21, 2021, 10:20:37 AM ---If you're going to do Cape Cod, do it mid-week.  Don't even think of trying between Thursday and Monday.

--- End quote ---
Which is worse for traffic? US 6 in Cape Cod, or NY 27 between Hampton Bays and Montauk Point? Because I've been in the latter on good days and bad days.

--- End quote ---
Why US 6?  MA 28 is the doom road of neverending tourist jam.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: froggie on August 04, 2021, 10:56:16 AM ---
In Vermont, stop somewhere for a creemee.

--- End quote ---

OK, this may be a dumb question, but what exactly is the difference between a creemee and "normal" soft-serve ice cream?

I recently read something that basically said there is no difference except for the name.

I'm beginning to think I may have missed something by not having a creemee during one of my trips to Vermont.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version