News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

California Baseball - August/September 2021

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, July 06, 2021, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

I will be attending three baseball games in California in early September. I've already plotted all but one of my hotel stops since I didn't leave myself a lot of room for exploration and it's a breakneck itinerary at times.

Day 1: Minneapolis -> Wichita
Day 2: Wichita -> Santa Fe
Day 3: Santa Fe -> greater Los Angeles

Day 4: Atlanta/LA Dodgers game

Day 5: Los Angeles -> San Diego

Day 6: Houston/San Diego game

Day 7: San Diego -> San Francisco including some of CA 1

Day 8: LA Dodgers/San Francisco game

Day 9: SF -> Salt Lake City
Day 10: SLC -> Rapid City
Day 11: Rapid -> home
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Max Rockatansky

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 06, 2021, 06:12:45 PM
Skipping the A's?

They're on the road during my travel dates. Angels are home then, but their schedule didn't work for me.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on July 06, 2021, 06:14:08 PM
Skipping the A's?

They're on the road during my travel dates.

I see, who are the Giants playing the week you're out here?

jeffandnicole

I guess the schedule doesn't work out where you can go to San Diego first and then Los Angeles?

I've done a few road trips like this, including being able to hit Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Denver in that order to see the Phillies play in each city.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 06, 2021, 07:13:40 PM
I guess the schedule doesn't work out where you can go to San Diego first and then Los Angeles?

I've done a few road trips like this, including being able to hit Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Denver in that order to see the Phillies play in each city.

We occasionally do the same thing.  We did a whole bunch of games after our wedding so Jessica could see some new ball fields she hasn't been to.  The hardest thing is chaining games without having to backtrack somewhere because a team isn't at home field.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 06, 2021, 07:20:25 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 06, 2021, 07:13:40 PM

We occasionally do the same thing.  We did a whole bunch of games after our wedding so Jessica could see some new ball fields she hasn't been to.  The hardest thing is chaining games without having to backtrack somewhere because a team isn't at home field.

While I try seeing the Phillies in my loose quest to visit every ballpark, I've seen games in San Diego, Tampa Bay, Toronto and the Yankees Stadium where the Phillies weren't playing.

In the San Fran area, it's tough to see all 3 ballparks at one time, as usually at least 1 of the teams in the region usually aren't playing at home. Tough to align everything up where each team comes home for a series while one is out there!

hobsini2

When my brother lived in New York, every summer i would drive out there and we would do an East Coast baseball trip. Usually getting in 5 or 6 games. Loved Fenway. Hated Old Yankee. Shea was better. Philly and Baltimore were fun. Unfortunately, we never did get down to DC.  We also saw plenty of Brooklyn Cyclones and Connecticut Defenders games too.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

NWI_Irish96

I used to have a goal of visiting every MLB ballpark, but so many of the ones I've been to have been replaced that I gave up on that.

I've been to now-closed ballparks in New York, Washington, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Houston and Arlington and have only been to the replacements in Washington, Cincinnati and Chicago. Going to Milwaukee in a couple weeks, though.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

hobsini2

Quote from: cabiness42 on July 07, 2021, 03:11:55 PM
I used to have a goal of visiting every MLB ballpark, but so many of the ones I've been to have been replaced that I gave up on that.

I've been to now-closed ballparks in New York, Washington, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Houston and Arlington and have only been to the replacements in Washington, Cincinnati and Chicago. Going to Milwaukee in a couple weeks, though.
Out of the MLB parks, I have been to...
Ballpark In Arlington (Tex)
New Busch (StL)
Camden Yards (Balt)
Citizens Bank Ballpark (Phil)
Comerica Park (Det)
Old Comiskey (CWS)
New Comiskey (CWS)
County Stadium (Milw)
Coors (Colo)
Fenway (Bos)
Metrodome (Minn)
Miller Park (Milw)
Riverfront (Cin)
Shea (NYM)
Target Field (Minn)
Wrigley (CHC)
Old Yankee (NYY)
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

thspfc

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on July 10, 2021, 07:45:16 PM
Skipping the A's?
He's not missing anything.

I disagree, the A's usually field a pretty decent team.  Not only that the brutalist Oakland Coliseum is really among the last of it's kind and has somehow become more authentic than all the retro-inspired modern ballparks.  The BART Station at the Coliseum is also a huge plus for ease of access.

TheHighwayMan3561

So this is an embarrassing admission and oversight, but after actually sitting down and crunching numbers, thinking about how much time I have before this trip, and my current assets, I decided it is not in my best interests to do this. I feel like a dumbass, but better now than later when I'm staring at a giant credit bill.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.