National Boards > General Highway Talk

Freeways that aren't really a freeway

<< < (2/14) > >>

sprjus4:
^ The Goldsboro example… I’d say the original bypass is enough to be called a freeway. It has a couple RIROs, but they never break the median. More like a substandard off and on ramp than anything.

As for the CBBT… it could technically be considered a freeway, but I can see where it wouldn’t be considered one. Full control of access and an interchange on the southern end.

tolbs17:

--- Quote from: sprjus4 on July 22, 2021, 07:41:10 PM ---As for the CBBT… it could technically be considered a freeway, but I can see where it wouldn’t be considered one. Full control of access and an interchange on the southern end.

--- End quote ---
Once they both have two tunnels,  then it's for sure a freeway.

Max Rockatansky:
CA 18 from the City Limit of San Bernardino to CA 138.  It is signed by Caltrans like a freeway but at best is a surface expressway. 

1:
I-587, New York. It doesn't violate Interstate construction standards, but it has no interchanges unlike your typical freeway.

tolbs17:

--- Quote from: 1 on July 22, 2021, 07:45:34 PM ---I-587, New York. It doesn't violate Interstate construction standards, but it has no interchanges unlike your typical freeway.

--- End quote ---
I-180 aswell.

Wonder why they were even designed there in the first place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version