Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

405 Sepulveda Pass HO/T Lanes

(1/4) > >>

Plutonic Panda:
Scoping has begun for yet another Sepulveda pass project for the 405 which do not address the bottlenecks at the 10 or 101 interchanges.

There five alternatives being considered:

Alternative 1
Existing Conditions - No Build​
No changes​
No additional travel lanes or ramp improvements would be installed as part of this alternative​
No property acquisition anticipated

Alternative 2
Convert HOV to one (1) ExpressLane
Convert existing HOV to one ExpressLane in each direction with standard (12 ft) lane widths​
Standard lane and shoulder widths
No property acquisition anticipated

Alternative 3
Convert HOV to two (2) ExpressLanes
Convert existing HOV to two ExpressLanes in each direction ​
Non-standard lane and shoulder widths​
Potential property acquisition anticipated

Alternative 4
Convert HOV to two (2) ExpressLanes
Convert existing HOV to two ExpressLanes in each direction ​
Standard lane (12 ft) and shoulder widths​
Property acquisition anticipated

Alternative 5
Add an additional HOV lane
Add additional HOV lane in each direction ​
Non-standard lane and shoulder widths​
Potential property acquisition anticipated

Project schedule:

Timeline
The project is in the planning stages and initiating environmental review to study potential ExpressLanes alternatives on the I-405 Sepulveda Pass. The environmental review phase is expected to conclude by fall 2023, with ExpressLanes operation anticipated in advance of the 2028 Los Angeles Olympic and Paralympic Games.*

Scoping meeting and online public comment link:

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/88d93c10a2164de89349bbcd30bcf6b2

Project website:

https://www.metro.net/projects/i405-expresslanes/

Plutonic Panda:
I fully support alternative four but given how opposed many be to building proper infrastructure in this country I wonít die on that hill. Iíd settle for alternatives 3 or 5. Alternative two wonít do anything and no build is just absurd, IMO.

pderocco:
I wonder if they'll turn the Getty Center Dr interchange into a simple diamond, eliminating one of the lights on Sepulveda. It looks like they originally intended to do that, but changed plans some time during the last round of widening.

SeriesE:
As you said, the problem is at the US-101 and I-10 interchanges. Alternative 1 it is and then move the money to rebuild those interchanges.

Plutonic Panda:

--- Quote from: SeriesE on August 05, 2021, 02:38:52 AM ---As you said, the problem is at the US-101 and I-10 interchanges. Alternative 1 it is and then move the money to rebuild those interchanges.

--- End quote ---
I just canít believe with the amount of money theyíve poured into nearby highways they never once even looked at fixing the 101 interchange. Itís nuts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version