News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Interstates you are the Furthest Away from Clinching

Started by SEWIGuy, September 01, 2021, 10:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEWIGuy

Opposite of the other topic here...

I-10:  Been on in a few places in LA, Texas and New Orleans, but I bet I have no more than about 250 miles clinched.
I-15:  Been on in southern California and Las Vegas areas, but probably no more than 100 miles clinched.
I-25:  Only between Denver and Cheyenne clinched.

SkyPesos

Pretty much all the interstates I haven't been on. So I guess my answer would be the longest of those, which is I-15 for me.

EDIT: Of the ones I've been on, it's probably I-20, as the only section I've been on is between Ted Turner Dr and US 23 in Atlanta, about 3 miles long (0.2% of I-20). If it wasn't for my dad's mistake of accidentally getting on the I-20 EB ramp instead of following signs for I-75 SB, I wouldn't have been on any section of I-20 at all.

NWI_Irish96

For 2di:

By percentage, I'm at 0% on all the Alaska/Hawaii routes, plus interstates 2, 12, 14, 22, 27, 37, 82, 83, 86, 91, 97 and 99.
By distance, I'm missing 2160 miles on I-10
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

US 89

Well, there are several interstates I have zero mileage on... but limiting this to 2dis I've traveled, it's probably I-8 - which I only have between I-5 and the SeaWorld exit. That is a little more than a mile, or about 0.33% of its total 350-mile length.

formulanone

Counting just the 2dis: I have no mileage on I-11, I-19, I-72, and western I-86. (Nor any of the Alaska and Hawaii interstates.)

Excluding all Interstates with no personal mileage: Less than 10% completed for I-86 (western), I-27, and I-795 (NC).

JayhawkCO

For 2dis, I haven't been on I-H1, I-H2, I-H3, I-PR1, I-PR2, I-PR3, I-2, I-14, I-86 (East), I-87 (South), and I-88 (East).

Percentage-wise, my bottom three 2dis that I have driven on are:
I-91 (2.52%) - I've only been from CT9 to I-691.  I'll be clinching the whole thing in about a month and a half
I-43 (3.88%) - I've been from I-39/90 to the first exit (just to say I was on it once) and the concurrency with I-94 in Milwaukee
I-8 (4.94%) - I've been from I-805 to Lake Jennings Park Road

Mileage-wise, the highest mileage missing (including highways I haven't traveled) are:
I-10 - Missing 1,129 miles (Santa Monica, CA to Phoenix, AZ; Van Horn, TX to Columbus, TX (minus a bit in San Antonio); and Houston, TX to Lafayette, LA)

I-5 - Missing 1,064 miles (Oceanside, CA to Tualatin, OR)

I-40 - Missing 1,037 miles (Barstow, CA to Williams, AZ; Oklahoma City, OK to Fort Smith, AR; Memphis, TN to Jackson, TN; Nashville, TN to Lenoir City, TN; Asheville, NC to Kernersville, NC; Greensboro, NC to Durham, NC; and Benson, NC to Wilmington, NC)

Chris

1995hoo

Limiting this solely to routes on which I have travelled, and going by percentage clinched rather than raw mileage because I think the percentage is more meaningful, the answer is easily I-94, as I have travelled 0.44% of said route, 7.17 miles out of 1625.38 (and I wasn't even aware I'd been on it at all until Travel Mapping showed it–turns out a hotel shuttle from Chicago to O'Hare used a part of I-94 back in, I think, 2001).

For 3dis, it's I-279 at 1.66% (0.22 miles driven).
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Golly, probably I-10.

I've only been on the following portions since I was a kid and too young to remember exact routes:
  (1) between RM-1989 and US-277 – 8 miles
  (2) its concurrency with I-35 – 2 miles
  (3) between I-410 and TX-130 – 33 miles

So I'm missing about 98% of it.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman65

I-90 in Washington. I-5 north of Battle Field, too as that is in the same area.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: roadman65 on September 01, 2021, 11:18:29 AM

That would be farthest away, not furthest away from clinching.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on September 01, 2021, 11:38:22 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on September 01, 2021, 11:18:29 AM

That would be farthest away, not furthest away from clinching.

My farthest away is I-A3 which I have 42.16% clinched and I'm missing from just past the Whittier turnoff to Soldotna.

Chris

hbelkins

There's a crap ton of interstates I've never been on, of which 5 is the longest.

Of the ones I have been on, definitely 10. I have only been on the section between the western terminus of I-12 and the first exit west of the Mississippi River bridge (which I think is LA 1) plus a small section southwest of the eastern terminus of I-12 (as part of the Slidell meet several years ago).

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

7/8

There's still a lot of 2di's I haven't driven (https://travelmapping.net/user/system.php?units=km&u=7_8&sys=usai).

For the ones I have driven on, the lowest percentages are:
1.18% for I-35* (only driven on the I-80 concurrency in Des Moines and the US 2 concurrency in Duluth)
1.22% for I-85 (only driven on the I-75 concurrency in Atlanta)
1.31% for I-72 (only driven between two exits in Springfield on the I-55 concurrency)

* I combined the three sections of I-35 (excluding I-35W's and E's) into one for this calculation.

Rothman

I have 103 interstates I haven't been on at all, per Travel Mapping.

Out of those, I-29 is the longest at 761.63 miles.

I-435 is the longest 3di I haven't been on at 83.49 miles.

For traveled routes:

Per TM, I am furthest away of clinching I-37, with 99.17% to go (144.48 miles left).

For 3di: With I-135, I have 98.89% to go (96.27 miles left).

In terms of total mileage left, I have 1394.6 miles left on I-10 (55.87%).

For 3di: I-680 in CA, I have 64.85 miles left (91.18%).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

JayhawkCO

For 3dis:

Longest I haven't been on at all: I-476 (PA) 132.08 miles (using TM mileages which I know aren't 100% accurate)

Highest percentage remaining on one I've driven on: I-459 (AL) - 95.74% remaining (32.12 miles)

Highest mileage remaining on one I've driven on: I-275 (OH, IN, KY) - 75.79 miles remaining (90.88%)

Chris

ethanhopkin14

I am going to limit this first part to 0s and 5s.  I have been on all 0s and 5s, but the 0 have I have the least on is I-80.

From west to east, I have from San Francisco to Sparks; from about 10 miles wet of Salt Lake City to the junction with I-15; From the junction of I-25 to one exit east of the Wyoming-Nebraska state line; and from the start of the I-80/I-90 cosigning in Hammond, IN to the I-76 junction in Ohio. 

I-90 isn't a whole lot better.  East to west, I have it from it's terminus in Boston to just north of O'Hare International Airport in Des Plaines, IL; then from Bellevue, WA to it's terminus in Seattle.  That might be less, but it feels like its more than I-80 because I have a large chunk down. 

I have done a crappy job on the 5s.

I-15 may be the lest I have done
West to east I have from the I-10 junction in San Bernardino to the I-40 junction in Barstow; Basically the downtown area of Las Vegas and then from Salt Lake City, UT to Pocatello, ID

I need to go from the California I-508 junction to Sea-Tac, WA; then from Seattle to the Canadian Border.
I still have Wichita to Duluth to do on I-35
I still have from Montgomery to Nashville then from Louisville to it's terminus for I-65.
Basically I-45 is the only 5 I have clinched.  The next best 5 I have is I-95, where I am missing a section near Cocoa Beach, FL; missing a section from the I-26 junction north to the I-20 junction in Florence and then from Kittery, ME to the Canadian Border.  I have no idea if I will ever get that section.

The worst non 0 or 5 is I-94.  I have it from Downtown Chicago up to Milwaukee and that's it.   

Bruce

I've got 0.23% of I-80 according to TM, so I guess that's my entry.

dlsterner

I am not counting the interstates that I have 0% mileage on.  The longest of those is I-5.

Furthest away from clinching, by percentage:  I-94  (only 0.52% clinched)  Only have 8.5 miles out of 1625 miles, two short segments - near Detroit Metro Airport and near Benton Harbor.

Furthest away from clinching, by mileage:  I-90 (need 2877 miles; 7.5% clinched)  Only have I-75 to I-80 (Ohio) and I-88 (NY) to I-495 (Mass)

thspfc

TravelingBethelite

I-10 - only sections I have are from TX-130 to US 90 on the east side of Seguin, and from the west side of Seguin to I-37 in downtown San Antonio.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

DandyDan

Limiting this to 2di's I have been on, it's either I-17, where I was on it only between its south end and 7th St in Phoenix, or I-75, where the only segment I was on is the one between I-70 and OH 41 in Troy. It's possible I have a small segment of I-77 in Cleveland as well, but I don't recall exactly what, but I have never been on it at all otherwise.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

ctkatz

not counting the little stubs of interstate like I 14 and 2 (because it would take extremely dedicated trips to those places just to drive them) it's I 25.  I have only been on I 25 from the terminus with I 90 to the very first exit in wyoming and from it's junction with I 70 to the exit to get to coors field and from it's junction with us 6 to 225.

I've barely been on the 85 or the 57 outside of their concurrencies with 75 and 20 but due to proximity it's likely I'll finish them before significantly covering 25.

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on September 01, 2021, 11:15:19 AM
Golly, probably I-10.

I've only been on the following portions since I was a kid and too young to remember exact routes:
  (1) between RM-1989 and US-277 – 8 miles
  (2) its concurrency with I-35 – 2 miles
  (3) between I-410 and TX-130 – 33 miles

So I'm missing about 98% of it.

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on September 01, 2021, 10:29:22 PM
I-10 - only sections I have are from TX-130 to US 90 on the east side of Seguin, and from the west side of Seguin to I-37 in downtown San Antonio.

You and I are fairly similar on this, then.
Male pronouns, please.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I guess the Hawaiian interstates. 0 miles driven, furthest from me as well.
If we stay within the contiguous 48, then I-8. (same reason as above)
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.