Regional Boards > Mid-South

Beam transport malfunction

<< < (4/4)

froggie:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qhP2yvBGo
Here's a local TV news report about the crash, including video from the Circle K gas station on the other side of the tracks from the video Bobby posted.

davewiecking:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on September 03, 2021, 11:13:36 PM ---Then there's this incident that happened in Luling, TX a few days ago:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W75cvVMFzRo
A truck hauling a really long wind turbine blade got hung up on a railroad crossing while trying to make a right turn. Couldn't get out of the way in time.

One might ask: why was the truck was making a tight turn there? The truck and its support vehicles had to go through Luling to get from point A to point B. They were probably coming from I-10 heading to either San Marcos or Austin. There is no bypass around Luling. The way San Marcos is growing TX DOT will probably need to build one soon -as part of a freeway or toll road spanning between San Marcos and I-10.

--- End quote ---
Having checked this out on Google Earth, it seems to me that staying on I-10 W for a extra exit would eliminate the need to follow US-183ís turn in the middle of town. But is that kind of traffic appropriate for TX-80?

abqtraveler:

--- Quote from: MaxConcrete on September 03, 2021, 12:14:11 PM ---

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2021/09/02/70-ton-concrete-beam-gets-stuck-under-rockwall-overpass-blocking-major-road/

--- Quote ---A truck hauling a large concrete beam got wedged under a Rockwall overpass Thursday, blocking traffic on a major road during the evening rush hour.

Officials said about 6:30 p.m. that the 70-ton beam was stuck on State Highway 205 beneath Interstate 30.

It was not clear how, exactly, the truck came to be in such a predicament.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
That truck driver's having a REALLY bad day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version