Regional Boards > Mid-South

Beam transport malfunction

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rick Powell:

--- Quote from: SectorZ on September 03, 2021, 02:43:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: kphoger on September 03, 2021, 01:45:08 PM ---I thought this thread was going to be about Star Trek...

--- End quote ---

Good, it wasn't just me.

--- End quote ---

Fast forward to 2121. Beams don't get stuck under bridges any more - they just fail to materialize at the job site!

Bobby5280:
Then there's this incident that happened in Luling, TX a few days ago:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W75cvVMFzRo
A truck hauling a really long wind turbine blade got hung up on a railroad crossing while trying to make a right turn. Couldn't get out of the way in time.

One might ask: why was the truck was making a tight turn there? The truck and its support vehicles had to go through Luling to get from point A to point B. They were probably coming from I-10 heading to either San Marcos or Austin. There is no bypass around Luling. The way San Marcos is growing TX DOT will probably need to build one soon -as part of a freeway or toll road spanning between San Marcos and I-10.

NE2:
What we got back...didn't last long.

bwana39:
I guess he had been to the T/A and was getting back on I-30. In this stretch of I-30 there aren't any truck stops on the North side of I-30. Love's in Mount Vernon or Circle K in Greenville are about it. I am not sure either of them is any better trying to manipulate a load that size.

wxfree:
He was trying to drift in order to make that turn faster and miscalculated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version