AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Florida Turnpike - North Extension  (Read 3853 times)

ran4sh

• Atlanta Braves & Georgia Bulldogs FB 2021 Champs!

• Last Login: Today at 02:35:22 PM
    • YouTube - mostly my Cities:Skylines live streams
Re: Florida Turnpike - North Extension
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2022, 03:15:41 PM »

I don't think so. Florida may be growing but most of that growth is occurring in the main part of the state, not the part that would be served by a Turnpike north extension.
Travel Mapping stats
Top 5 Most Traveled Routes: Interstates 40, 20, 10, 5, 95
Top 5 Longest Clinched Routes: I-20, I-85, I-24, I-16, and NJ Turnpike mainline

Sani

• Last Login: September 24, 2022, 11:46:12 AM
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2022, 05:26:13 PM »

The current roads canít handle the growth, itís got to go through. Plus more growth will be coming to make it worse.  Most of Levy is protected wilderness so possible Walmart and home building is not going to be generated if it goes through there.

The problem lies with Citrus as they are the core of the NIMBY of this as they want it built, but donít do it where I can see it.
Population growth between the 2010 and 2020 census was only 5.2% for Levy County and 8.9% for Citrus County. It's not the double-digit growth seen in the suburban and exurban counties of Tampa Bay and Orlando. There's plenty of other developable land in Florida that's much closer to beaches and existing infrastructure. Expansion of existing roads and highways should be more than sufficient. No one's building skyscrapers on Cedar Key anytime soon.

D-Dey65

• Last Login: Today at 05:03:35 PM
    • I-95; Still not finished in Boston, Central New Jersey, or Washington, D.C.
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2022, 09:38:02 PM »

No one's building skyscrapers on Cedar Key anytime soon.
I sure hope not. Whatever improvements are needed for Cedar Key and the rest of Levy County, transforming it into the next Clearwater Beach isn't one of them. However, if somebody decided to re-establish Rosewood as the thriving Afro-American community it originally was before white bigots came in and massacred the people, I'd be alright with that.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the rest of Levy CR 345 upgraded back into a state road south of Levy CR 332.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:37:34 AM by D-Dey65 »

roadman65

• Last Login: Today at 04:33:36 PM
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2022, 11:31:40 AM »

No one's building skyscrapers on Cedar Key anytime soon.
I sure hope not. Whatever improvements are needed for Cedar Key and the rest of Levy County, transforming it into the next Clearwater Beach isn't one of them. However, if somebody decided to re-establish Rosewood as the thriving Afro-American community it originally was before white bigots came in and massacred the people, I'd be alright with that.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the rest of Levy CR 345 upgraded back into a state road south of Levy CR 332.

No one ever thought that Ocala would ever become developed, but look at it now and surrounding Marion County. Warehousing and new homes galore.

Give it thirty years and it will be like Sarasota and tall condos all over the island.  Plus a Super Walmart on SR 24 before you leave the mainland onto the island will Grace the present two lane highway.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.