News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

2011 official Kentucky maps are out

Started by hbelkins, March 31, 2011, 12:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

The 2011 Kentucky official maps are out. I haven't perused it in depth for changes, but it does show the rerouting of US 60 out of downtown Owensboro and the resulting truncation of US 431 at the bypass, the Newtown Pike extension in Lexington numbered KY 922, and the KY 956 Berea bypass.

NASCAR is prominently featured since Kentucky Speedway will host its first Cup race this year.

The plan is for the rest areas to continue to distribute the 2010 maps until they're gone, but if you request a 2011 map through KYTC, you can get one that way.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

rickmastfan67

Too bad the '11 one isn't online yet. :(

HB, did the problem I pointed out on the 2010 to you via PM still exist on the 2011 one?

ShawnP

I would hope Kentucky reinvest some of that Neckcar money into I-71 between Louisville and Cinncinati. I know about the small 5 mile or so upgrade but it needs to be six lane for most of the way and the pavement shape is horrible.

hbelkins

Disagree about needing to be 6 lanes most of the way, but some truck lanes on some of the hills between the US 421 exit and I-75 would be nice.

There is a pretty extensive pavement rehab job going on this summer near the northeastern end.

http://transportation.ky.gov/revivethedrive/

rickmastfan67

hb, do you when they will post the new version on the website for download?

hbelkins

No idea. I do know that KYTC is in the midst of a massive website upgrade project and migrating site maintenance from HTML authoring to a CMS environment.

ShawnP

I think the Triangle of Lexington, Cinncinnati and Louisville should all be connected with 6 lane Interstates. These three areas are the main economic drivers of Kentucky and need to maximize traffic thru the areas.

Alps

Quote from: ShawnP on April 08, 2011, 01:56:21 PM
I think the Triangle of Lexington, Cinncinnati and Louisville should all be connected with 6 lane Interstates. These three areas are the main economic drivers of Kentucky and need to maximize traffic thru the areas.
How bad does traffic get? Cinci to Louisville I can see, and that's the corridor I'm unfamiliar with. That one probably should be 6 lanes though. I get the impression I-64 is okay at four lanes (even if a little crowded), but maybe by 2030 it should be widened. Lexington isn't as major as you'd think.

ShawnP

Lexington is the center of the universe. Ask any Kentucky basketball fan.

mightyace

Quote from: AlpsROADS on April 08, 2011, 10:02:48 PM
Quote from: ShawnP on April 08, 2011, 01:56:21 PM
How bad does traffic get? Cinci to Louisville I can see, and that's the corridor I'm unfamiliar with. That one probably should be 6 lanes though. I get the impression I-64 is okay at four lanes (even if a little crowded), but maybe by 2030 it should be widened. Lexington isn't as major as you'd think.

My personal experience is that traffic on I-71 between Cincy and Louisville is significantly less than on I-65 up from Nashville.  I have never seen I-71 crowded enough that 6 lanes would help.

The only time I know it will get gridlocked this year is in early July for the NASCAR races at Kentucky Speedway.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

hbelkins

Quote from: mightyace on April 09, 2011, 05:51:52 AM

My personal experience is that traffic on I-71 between Cincy and Louisville is significantly less than on I-65 up from Nashville.  I have never seen I-71 crowded enough that 6 lanes would help.

The only time I know it will get gridlocked this year is in early July for the NASCAR races at Kentucky Speedway.

It probably wouldn't hurt to add lanes between Louisville and the LaGrange area to accommodate commuter traffic. But other than that, really the only thing that's needed would be truck lanes on some of the hills.

ShawnP

I'm not thinking about today's traffic counts but 2030.

froggie

Which probably won't be as significant as you think.  Believe it or not, the country as a whole has been on a slight DOWNWARD trend with VMT since about 2005.  The recession accelerated that for a couple years.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.