Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Indiana Notes

<< < (453/457) > >>

Tom958:
Something I stumbled upon a while back: This is a good candidate for peak Indiana. One type of metal guardrail on the bridge, a different type of metal bridge guardrail ground-mounted on the approaches, and, if you pivot to the right, standard W beam guardrail.

https://goo.gl/maps/TbhGShbjZT8FcR2C7

It's gone now. The bridge was rebuilt sometime between 2013 and 2018, with the superstructure being replaced but the bents remaining, and the old metal guardrails didn't survive.

silverback1065:

--- Quote from: Tom958 on September 19, 2021, 08:28:33 AM ---Something I stumbled upon a while back: This is a good candidate for peak Indiana. One type of metal guardrail on the bridge, a different type of metal bridge guardrail ground-mounted on the approaches, and, if you pivot to the right, standard W beam guardrail.

It's gone now. The bridge was rebuilt sometime between 2013 and 2018, with the superstructure being replaced but the bents remaining, and the old metal guardrails didn't survive.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what that type of gaurdrail is called but it's very obsolete now! W-beam and thrie beam are the only 2 you see now.  :-D

Great Lakes Roads:
I saw sign goofs on Indiana SR 2 southwest of Valparaiso in a newly-built roundabout at Heavilin Road. They have circular shields, which easily gave me vibes from Delaware!

Revive 755:

--- Quote from: silverback1065 on September 19, 2021, 10:04:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Tom958 on September 19, 2021, 08:28:33 AM ---Something I stumbled upon a while back: This is a good candidate for peak Indiana. One type of metal guardrail on the bridge, a different type of metal bridge guardrail ground-mounted on the approaches, and, if you pivot to the right, standard W beam guardrail.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what that type of gaurdrail is called but it's very obsolete now! W-beam and thrie beam are the only 2 you see now.  :-D

--- End quote ---

The one looks like a variation of Wyoming rail. 

EB I-70 used to have a somewhat similar guardrail transitions for the Wabash River Bridge.

Illinois used to at least occasionally use the W-beam with the flat (box?) beam beneath it as well.

I-55:

--- Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on September 19, 2021, 10:44:38 PM ---I saw sign goofs on Indiana SR 2 southwest of Valparaiso in a newly-built roundabout at Heavilin Road. They have circular shields, which easily gave me vibes from Delaware!

--- End quote ---

There are some circular SR 14 shields on traffic lights east of I-69 on Illinois Rd, used as lane references. Not the first time this has happened in Indiana.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version