Regional Boards > Mid-South

Interstate 2

<< < (3/93) > >>

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Strider on July 18, 2013, 01:24:15 PM ---thats pretty interesting... I guess this makes I-2 officially the lowest numbered interstate. Hopefully it will be extended west to Laredo maybe?

--- End quote ---

And connect it to Loop 20, or what?

--- Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 18, 2013, 02:18:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: Avalanchez71 on July 18, 2013, 02:15:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Strider on July 18, 2013, 01:24:15 PM ---thats pretty interesting... I guess this makes I-2 officially the lowest numbered interstate. Hopefully it will be extended west to Laredo maybe?

--- End quote ---

Maybe extend it to US 41 in Naples then over to Miami via the Gulf of Mexico.

--- End quote ---

And I think there is a proposal to extend it west through Mexico on the Federal Highway 2 corridor.

--- End quote ---

Well, if we actually combine the idea of extending it into México with the idea of extending it to Laredo, then I say we make this corridor a full freeway:
http://goo.gl/maps/0aPFT

If we remove Laredo from the equation, then there's this:
http://goo.gl/maps/j3xCd

Brandon:

--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on July 18, 2013, 02:23:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

it depends on what value you assign the letter H.  I've always thought H-1, H-2, H-3 were the three lowest.

now that we have a 2 and an H-2, it may be time to re-evaluate things.

--- End quote ---

H is a variable substituting for the imaginary number, i.  Hence, I-1i, I-2i, and I-3i, and all have been divided by zero.  :bigass:

agentsteel53:

--- Quote from: Brandon on July 18, 2013, 03:23:32 PM ---
H is a variable substituting for the imaginary number, i.  Hence, I-1i, I-2i, and I-3i, and all have been divided by zero.  :bigass:

--- End quote ---

giving something an imaginary component doesn't mean dividing it by 0.  1/0 != i.

ethanhopkin14:

--- Quote from: kphoger on July 18, 2013, 02:31:54 PM ---

--- End quote ---

And connect it to Loop 20, or what?

--- Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 18, 2013, 02:18:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: Avalanchez71 on July 18, 2013, 02:15:24 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Maybe extend it to US 41 in Naples then over to Miami via the Gulf of Mexico.

--- End quote ---

And I think there is a proposal to extend it west through Mexico on the Federal Highway 2 corridor.

--- End quote ---

Well, if we actually combine the idea of extending it into México with the idea of extending it to Laredo, then I say we make this corridor a full freeway:
http://goo.gl/maps/0aPFT

If we remove Laredo from the equation, then there's this:
http://goo.gl/maps/j3xCd

--- End quote ---

In all seriousness, I am all for it being extended to Laredo, on the US side. Some of the I-69 Alliance maps show the corridor from Laredo to current I-2 as future upgrading, so it looks like it will happen. We will just see how long it takes. Personally I would like to see it keep going west to I-10 so it connects El Paso to The Valley and Laredo directly, but good luck trying to get an interstate to go through the remote desert. 

oscar:

--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on July 18, 2013, 02:23:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

it depends on what value you assign the letter H.  I've always thought H-1, H-2, H-3 were the three lowest.

now that we have a 2 and an H-2, it may be time to re-evaluate things.

--- End quote ---

We've long had (unsigned) Interstates A-2 and PRI-2 as well. so adding an I-2 to the system isn't that big a deal from the system-purity standpoint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version