News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Highways in the US not covered by GSV

Started by jlam, April 09, 2023, 02:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Veterans Boulevard in Fresno isn't in GSV yet.

index

Quote from: hbelkins on April 10, 2023, 10:57:04 AM
KY 199. Most of it doesn't even have coverage on KYTC's photolog.

If I ever get my car into good enough shape to where I'm not terrified to take it on a road like that, (The guy on the travel mapping forum took an Accord on it but that was unplanned. I am suspicious about the job this mechanic did on my suspension/steering after I hit a fairly large log that fell on the road (it was in the dark, around a curve) because it's still making weird noises, and I'd like tires more suited to travel like that.) I would love to go and document/film that road. The idea of a state route being that awful really makes me need to see it for myself. I don't believe there's any (at least good) pictures or video of it out there.

I haven't really had the opportunity to catch anything not well-documented in that area for a while. Time and money unfortunately have to come first. Last thing I got was the back way out of Burkes Garden.

As for other roads, the gravel segments of NC 197 and NC 90 aren't at all on GSV. Even though both ends of 197 before the gravel are on it, suggesting they turned their camera off for it. Why I have no idea.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

hbelkins

It's been about 10 years since I drove KY 199, but the surface condition was not anything to be worried about. It was in better shape than the back way into Burkes Garden. KYTC does do maintenance on the road, including drilling steel to repair embankment failures.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bugo

Quote from: 1 on April 11, 2023, 02:10:06 PM
A brief segment of US 59 just west of the Arkansas/Oklahoma border (but not immediately at the border).

I never noticed that. I did notice when I went to check it out that there isn't any past imagery available for US 59/270 through that stretch. There's nothing remarkable about that road at all except it is rather scenic with Rich Mountain to the south and Black Fork Mountain to the north.

index

Quote from: hbelkins on December 05, 2023, 02:16:30 PM
It's been about 10 years since I drove KY 199, but the surface condition was not anything to be worried about. It was in better shape than the back way into Burkes Garden. KYTC does do maintenance on the road, including drilling steel to repair embankment failures.
Guess that guy on the other form was being a bit hyperbolic then. I'll have to go capture it the next time I have good enough money to go out to that area again.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

JayhawkCO

Quote from: jlam on April 09, 2023, 02:44:39 PM
I was reading through the Google Maps Sucks thread, specifically, the US 6 debacle, when I thought of something: What are some numbered routes or route segments in the United States not covered by GSV, whatever the reason? Here are some examples in Colorado:

• Colorado Highway 14 intermittently east of Walden
  • Colorado Highway 114
  • Colorado Highway 149 between Lake City and Creed
We could include everything from international borders and newly opened roads to roads in the middle of nowhere.

It looks like all of CO14 is in there now. Recent pics from June.

corco

TBKS1

AR 262 immediately comes to mind. AR 33 between Casscoe and AR 130 including AR 33S also don't have street view coverage. There's probably some others but those just immediately come to mind for me.
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

CNGL-Leudimin

Not a highway per my definition, but County Route SS just East of WI 28. I want to see the ASS signs badly :sombrero:. At least County Route OO near Eau Claire is covered.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on January 22, 2024, 09:49:36 AM
Not a highway per my definition, but County Route SS just East of WI 28. I want to see the ASS signs badly :sombrero:. At least County Route OO near Eau Claire is covered.

I believe this no longer exists anyway as I have heard when they replaced the signs at the intersection, they put the WIS 28 shield in the middle between the A and the SS to eliminate the unintended quirk.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.