News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Southeast / Re: The "Future" I-26 is arriv...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 07:01:30 AM
Quote from: cowboy_wilhelm on April 22, 2024, 10:09:16 PMThe I-26/I-240 widening between the I-40 interchange and Patton Ave. has been delayed from November 2024 to November 2025.

April 2024 Detailed Schedule Changes

What?  I am shocked!

(i.e., get prepared for another move next year)
The bigger question is if Steel Curtain would be running.  There has to be Vegas odds on that bet nowadays...
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:58:24 AM
If you want a controversial song, try "My Old Kentucky Home."
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Ohio
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:51:26 AM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 22, 2024, 09:59:37 PMWell she died in 2007 (and ceased being First Lady in 1969), so her opinion should be moot.

If you think still-active policies established in the 1960s as a result of her work are moot, that certainly says something about your opinion.
Quote from: SSOWorld on April 22, 2024, 07:35:10 PM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on April 21, 2024, 09:26:58 AMThanks so much to everyone who joined us in Charlotte yesterday!  It was so great to see all of you.  I hope you all had as much fun as I did.  :colorful:  I will say that I'm very much looking forward to doing this again next year in a different city!

Safe travels on your journeys home!!
pics, or it didn't happen ;)

Pics are coming!  I generally don't share photos here but will share them on my Facebook page soon.  :)
Southeast / Re: Georgia
Last post by Tom958 - Today at 05:50:37 AM
Yesterday I learned that the exits for GA 400 are to be renumbered! I assume that means they'll be numbered by mile from 400's southern origin at I-85. Per Google, that'd make I-285 exits 7A and 7B instead of 4A and 4B now. They did the same thing two years ago on GA 316 at the GA 53 interchange, which is numbered 27 for the mileage from 316's origin at I-85-- the earlier GA 81 interchange, only six miles to the west, is exit 5, presumably because it's five miles from the Gwinnett-Barrow county line.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Ohio
Last post by carbaugh2 - Today at 05:40:34 AM
Quote from: GCrites on April 21, 2024, 10:12:26 AM
Quote from: TempoNick on April 20, 2024, 10:35:37 PMGod forbid we have any attractive greenery on the freeway. Can our highways look any uglier than they are?

ODOT removing trees too close to major interstates across central Ohio

https://abc6onyourside.com/amp/newsletter-daily/odot-removing-trees-too-close-to-major-interstates-across-central-ohio

The Great Wall of Gahanna has been revealed! Once feared lost to time, this specimen illustrates how much sound walls have changed over the past 50 years.

Including the fact that it is appears to be leaning now. I was able to spend some extra time looking at it while I waited for some of Gahanna's finest to come take a crash report and cite the driver that bump drafted me through that stretch last week.
Southeast / Re: Atlanta
Last post by Tom958 - Today at 05:35:16 AM
Quote from: Tom958 on April 17, 2024, 05:13:34 AMAlso, the contractor has installed this sign in the wrong place. It belongs on a new gantry that's been erected on the far side of the bridge ahead. At this point, it'd probably be easier to fix both signs with overlays than to move this one. Anyway, I notified my contact at GDOT, so hopefully they'll avert the obvious followup screwup.

Welp, I was wrong about overlays: this weekend, the mislocated sign was taken down and installed in its correct location. I hope they can get the correct sign installed soon; the new one is behind the MARTA bridge and doesn't provide enough warning of the upcoming lane drop.

Also installed (I assume) over the weekend was badly needed overhead signage on the northbound CD between the Glenridge Connector and the 285 offramps. The signage is on a gantry that spans both the CD and the 400 mainline and it carries a sign for Abernathy Road. The Abernathy sign lacks an exit number tab; online conversation about that revealed that the exits for 400 will be renumbered, which was news to me. Here's where I'm talking about: https://maps.app.goo.gl/t7jPjhwsCtWbbkJD6

Northeast / Re: Massachusetts
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 05:22:20 AM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on April 22, 2024, 09:27:22 PMWhat does Governor Sequential (Sununu) have to say about the proposal?

I'd imagine he'd be vociferously opposed to it.
Traffic Control / Re: Active highway shields tha...
Last post by Tom958 - Today at 05:15:37 AM
Not a shield, but... when they replaced this assembly, they included a left arrow even though (a) GA 92 is straight ahead and (b) there's no road at all to the left. So I stood on tippytoes and turned the offending arrow so it points up. It looks stupid, but not as stupid as directing drivers into an embankment.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/6FrHW3pW6MA9gccAA

The assembly was only like this for a few days between its raggedy previous condition and my intervention, so the Streetview car really hit it right.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.