News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Move from Silverdale to San Diego - Day 2

Started by Lytton, March 19, 2013, 08:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lytton

After waking up from a restful sleep at the Whaler Motel in Newport, Oregon. I got ready to drive some more, so I packed my stuff back in the car and got back on US 101. I got some gas at the local Chevron there, and I'm not surprised by how a gas attendant pumps your gas since I lived in Southern New Jersey. Then, I drove over the Yaquina Bay Bridge, and unfortunately, I didn't go to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Miles and miles of scenic drive.

Then, a little bit before entering Florence. I stopped at some tourist destination called "Seal Rock". I went down the stairs and supposed to see seals and sea lions on the rocks on the beach. What a total lie, I then climbed back up and got back in the car. I felt hungry upon entering back into my car, since I didn't get breakfast back at Newport. So, I went down to Florence and stopped at a little restaurant called "Bliss' US 101 Diner". Average fare, it was okay I guess. Then...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! There is a frickin A&W Drive In there. Yes, a real drive-in. So, I decided to stop at the Drive-In and order a root beer float. After sipping delicious root beer float. I was on the road once again. Drove through the towns of Reedsport, Lakeside and North Bend before stopping at McDonalds for a Coke in Coos Bay. Ohai, I know there was a roadgeek in Coos Bay, OR but I forgot the username on this forum.

I went through a few small towns before arriving at the hotel for the day, Ocean Suites. It was a pretty good hotel, comfortable beds and such. Then, I walked over to the hotel restaurant at Best Western Plus Beachfront Inn. Good seafood I guess. So, I started my trip at Newport and stopped at Brookings, only a little bit up north from the state of California!
Fuck GPS. I rather use my brain and common sense.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.