News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bethlehem, PA to Kearny, NJ scenic route?

Started by php111, December 28, 2016, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

php111

Hey, from Bethlehem, PA to Kearny, NJ, would this be a good scenic route? Take Rt. 611 North out of Easton to Rt. 46 East to Rt. 3 East to Rt. 21 South and come out in Belleville and across the Passaic River Bridge?

php111

Rothman

Can't think of anything particularly scenic along that route.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

php111

Quote from: Rothman on December 29, 2016, 01:57:14 PM
Can't think of anything particularly scenic along that route.

Thanks, and the route I mentioned in my OP, would that be a scenic route?

jemacedo9

Note that PA 611 and US 46 technically do not meet...you'd have to cross the Portland/Columbia Bridge.  I just checked Streetview and there is a BGS TO US 46-TO I-80-TO NJ 94.  PA 611 just north of there gets quite scenic as you enter the Delaware Water Gap.

php111

Quote from: jemacedo9 on December 29, 2016, 02:14:42 PM
Note that PA 611 and US 46 technically do not meet...you'd have to cross the Portland/Columbia Bridge.  I just checked Streetview and there is a BGS TO US 46-TO I-80-TO NJ 94.  PA 611 just north of there gets quite scenic as you enter the Delaware Water Gap.

Yes, PA 611 North splits and left continues into 611 where as going straight will go over the bridge and 46 splits where left is West and Right is East.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.