News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Roadtrip to Nebraska this June

Started by TravelingBethelite, February 12, 2017, 01:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravelingBethelite

My father is taking two weeks off this June (starting ~June 6th) to take me out (two days there) to a 1-week weather camp in Lincoln, NE and then down to his ranch house out in rural Missouri, and then two to three days on the way back.  Need more detail? Our usual route to that area is 84 to 81 to 80 to 76 to 71 to 70, and I'd like to change it up a lot. I am interested in going a little out of the way and perhaps even off superhighways (not entirely, though). Suggested routes, things to see, things to do, places to eat, etc., anyone? Thanks! :thumbsup: :D :clap: :spin: :wave:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

hbelkins

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on February 12, 2017, 01:38:09 PM
My father is taking two weeks off this June (starting ~June 6th) to take me out (two days there) to a 1-week weather camp in Lincoln, NE and then down to his ranch house out in rural Missouri, and then two to three days on the way back.  Need more detail? Our usual route to that area is 84 to 81 to 80 to 76 to 71 to 70, and I'd like to change it up a lot. I am interested in going a little out of the way and perhaps even off superhighways (not entirely, though). Suggested routes, things to see, things to do, places to eat, etc., anyone? Thanks! :thumbsup: :D :clap: :spin: :wave:

80 all the way from Youngstown to Nebraska? Or 80-90 to US 20 in Illinois and across Iowa on 20? Or maybe US 30 across Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Iowa?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TravelingBethelite

We have finalized our route out (not back just yet) to Nebraska. It should be as follows: I-84 > I-81 > I-80 > I-76 > I-71 > (night stop in Mansfield, OH and then some family stuff until about noon the next day) > U.S. 30 > IN 49 > I-94 > I-80/94 > I-294 > I-80 > (night stop between Joliet and Princeton, IL) > I-80 > I-80 > I-80 > (Lincoln stuff) > U.S. 77 > NE 8 > NE 99 > KS 99 > U.S. 36 > I-229 > I-29 > I-70 > I-435 > I-49 > MO 126 > MO 37 [or, U.S. 160 > MO 97 >] > MO 96 > MO 266 > MO "PP" > MO 174 > U.S. 60 > MO "K" > MO 14 > (Ava).

Anyone have any new route suggestions, places to eat, things to do and see, etc...? 
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.