News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Holy shit!!! Colorado is one crazy place.

That's unusual even by Colorado standards, yes?

Bruce

Seattle area is now under a blanket of high-level haze brought in from California's wildfires. Swinging between the high 70s and mid 80s, with potential of mid to upper 90s soon. Not looking forward to that.

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on September 05, 2020, 03:12:50 PM
Seattle area is now under a blanket of high-level haze brought in from California's wildfires. Swinging between the high 70s and mid 80s, with potential of mid to upper 90s soon. Not looking forward to that.

At least we don't have to worry about 100 degrees and then snow two days later. I think we have it pretty nice.

I-55

70 degrees and cooling. My dorm doesn't have AC so the cooler the better!
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

ozarkman417

Scattered showers and t-storms. Just had one pass by and it didn't last very long.

Bruce

Current weather: Light to heavy smoke with a side of coughing and bloody noses. Wildfire season has not pulled its punches.

kphoger

Quote from: jakeroot on September 05, 2020, 06:01:20 PM
At least we don't have to worry about 100 degrees and then snow two days later. I think we have it pretty nice.

The opposite occurrence–snow followed by warm temperatures–is quite nice, though.  I grew up in western Kansas, and I remember getting half a foot of snow one year, then going without jackets to throw a Frisbee around with my dad at the high school football field the next day because it was sunny and 60 degrees.  (He and I had developed a point-based competitive Frisbee game that took up probably half a football field.)  We had to color the bottom of the Frisbee with a marker in case it landed upside down, or else we couldn't find it in the snow.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

index

It has finally started to chill here, although a bit earlier than usual I might add. I swear normally it's still 90 this time of the year but we're getting highs in the 60s this week.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

US 89

We've been getting some periodic heavy rain in Atlanta today from Sally's outer rainbands. Not all that exciting as of yet, but the real exciting part starts this evening and goes through tomorrow morning. A flash flood watch and wind advisory are in effect as we're looking at the possibility of up to 6 inches of rain and 30 mph sustained winds.

At least it's not hot and humid every day anymore - and probably won't be until next spring. After Sally moves through, a cold front will knock high temps down into the high 60s/low 70s with lows in the 50s.

tolbs17

CoreySamson

Looking forward to this weekend as the high is supposedly going to drop below 80 for the first time in about 5 months. Until then, partly cloudy with highs in the mid 80s, small a small chance for rain.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Bruce

Smoke. Fog. Same old same old.

Rain appears in short bursts and then leaves before it can wash away the ash.

US 89

Had about 4 inches of rain today from Sally. Flash flood warning was in effect this morning. Heavier rain moved out after that but it drizzled most of the day. Excited to see the sun tomorrow for the first time in three days.

kphoger

The next week and a half forecast is all sunny skies with highs around 80-85 degrees.

This morning on my way to work, I was driving directly toward the rising sun but didn't realize it for about 30 seconds due to the smoky haze on the horizon.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

ozarkman417

The smoke let off for a couple days, but it has now returned. Looking at a map displaying the intensity of the smoke, it is less smoky in Seattle than it is here. Otherwise, it is sunny in the mid 70s.

Max Rockatansky

First day with clear skies in about two weeks.  It rained last night and cleared up a lot of the smoke.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on September 18, 2020, 11:14:39 AM
This morning on my way to work, I was driving directly toward the rising sun but didn't realize it for about 30 seconds due to the smoky haze on the horizon.

You know this is "what's your weather currently" and not "2020 wildfire season", right?    :-P

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on September 18, 2020, 12:05:55 PM

You know this is "what's your weather currently" and not "2020 wildfire season", right?    :-P

YES I DO, DOGGONE IT!  I made darned sure I was in the right thread this time.  Nice selective quoting, there, buster.

:bigass:
Male pronouns, please.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on September 18, 2020, 01:05:05 PM
Quote from: webny99 on September 18, 2020, 12:05:55 PM

YES I DO, DOGGONE IT!  I made darned sure I was in the right thread this time.  Nice selective quoting, there, buster.

:-D   That was just too good an opportunity to pass up!

jakeroot

I don't know if that was making fun of him or me! :-D

webny99

Quote from: jakeroot on September 18, 2020, 02:57:12 PM

Not you; if anything, I should be thanking you for helping set the stage.  :)

kkt

Rain!  Yay, this should help with the damn smoke.

jakeroot

Quote from: webny99 on September 18, 2020, 05:05:50 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on September 18, 2020, 02:57:12 PM

Not you; if anything, I should be thanking you for helping set the stage.  :)

Quote from: kkt on September 18, 2020, 06:04:40 PM
Rain!  Yay, this should help with the damn smoke.

Checking Airnow.gov, air quality seems to have massively improved just in the last eight hours. I'm actually loving this rain, and I normally don't like rain in summer (except occasionaly, as required to minimize wildfire damage).

webny99

jakeroot

Quote from: webny99 on September 18, 2020, 11:54:01 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on September 18, 2020, 07:50:34 PM

Not to get more off-topic than we already are, but this is (probably unintentionally?) right in line with news of the night:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-ruth-bader-ginsburgs-death-could-mean-for-2020-and-the-supreme-court/

I swear I hadn't heard the news when I posted that gif.

I'll refrain from stating an opinion on the news, in fear of violating political rules.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.