News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Jonesboro, AR Hwy 1B Bridge Accident

Started by US71, June 28, 2017, 11:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Serious accident yesterday along I-555 in Jonesboro, AR. A semi truck on 555 hit the Harrisburg St/ AR 1B bridge, then expolded.

AHTD/ARDOT reports all 4 bridge columns were damaged and it will likely be several months to enact repairs.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

JREwing78

Hard to tell from the pictures, but was there no guardrail protecting the bridge columns? Seems like a serious oversight considering most DOTs have installed guardrail or other protective measures to avert an accident like this.

US71

Quote from: JREwing78 on June 28, 2017, 07:20:23 PM
Hard to tell from the pictures, but was there no guardrail protecting the bridge columns? Seems like a serious oversight considering most DOTs have installed guardrail or other protective measures to avert an accident like this.

Someone asked them that, and the response was something like "the column was away from the highway enough we didn't think it was needed".

cjk374

Quote from: US71 on June 28, 2017, 10:09:31 PM
Quote from: JREwing78 on June 28, 2017, 07:20:23 PM

Someone asked them that, and the response was something like "the column was away from the highway enough we didn't think it was needed".

And this is what happens when the inmates run the asylum.  :sombrero:  :-D
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

Quote from: cjk374 on July 01, 2017, 07:00:09 PM

And this is what happens when the inmates run the asylum.  :sombrero:  :-D

Two words:  Broadway Bridge

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.