News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

On this date in AA Roads history...

Started by hbelkins, June 22, 2022, 03:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

June 22, 2014 -- the Alanland thread was locked. Started on Aug. 21, 2012, the original topic lasted less than two years before it ran its course. It was locked again after a brief reopening several months ago, but many of the lasting themes from the thread live on in references in other posts.

Hard to believe it was eight years ago when the thread got shut down.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

adventurernumber1

This was a mere few weeks before I joined the forum, in early July of that year. I barely missed the thread, but I was young (and immature) so it's doubtful I would have had great contributions to the thread.  :)

By the time I joined and got acquainted on the forum, Alanland was already lore from the past, and some lore it was. Who could've imagined the strange, one-off original post could have inspired such an expansive, enduring, and beloved lore that we still hold dear to this day. I know Goat Jesus would and would not be proud. Long live Alanland!  :cheers:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

vdeane

Perhaps we should begin planning the celebrations for 10 years since Alanland's creation/discovery.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jeffandnicole

I wouldn't mind celebrating by road tripping across all 15 North American countries.

Roadwaywiz can do a Live show of the drive for those that can and can't make it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.