Fredericksburg, TX street names

Started by Poiponen13, November 02, 2022, 02:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poiponen13

I remember from something that street names in Fredericksburg, TX have a hidden message. But I can't see which. Which could be the hidden message? 

SEWIGuy

http://www.texasescapes.com/MichaelBarr/Hidden-Message-in-Fredericksburg-Street-Names.htm

"The 10 cross streets east of the courthouse in order are Adams, Llano, Lincoln, Washington, Elk, Lee, Columbus, Olive, Mesquite and Eagle. The first letter of each street name spells the phrase ALL WELCOME.

The 10 cross streets west of the courthouse in order are Crockett, Orange, Milam, Edison, Bowie, Acorn, Cherry and Kay. The first letter of each street name spells the phrase COME BACK."

Poiponen13

Such hidden messages in street names would be cool. Some sentences:
UNITED STATES
RUSSIA HAS INVADED UKRAINE
JOE BIDEN
NEW YORK LOS ANGELES CHICAGO HOUSTON PHOENIX PHILADELPHIA SAN ANTONIO SAN DIEGO DALLAS SAN JOSE (top 10 cities)
THERE IS A GOOD CITY
GOOGLE STREET VIEW

Are there any other cities with hidden messages?

skluth

Quote from: Poiponen13 on November 02, 2022, 02:47:34 PM
UNITED STATES
JOE BIDEN
NEW YORK LOS ANGELES CHICAGO HOUSTON PHOENIX PHILADELPHIA SAN ANTONIO SAN DIEGO DALLAS SAN JOSE (top 10 cities)
THERE IS A GOOD CITY
GOOGLE STREET VIEW

Are there any other cities with hidden messages?

Nothing against Biden, but I'd keep away from naming anything after anyone living. I've already gone through the Mark McGwire Highway debacle.

kphoger

Quote from: Poiponen13 on November 02, 2022, 02:47:34 PM
UNITED STATES
JOE BIDEN
THERE IS A GOOD CITY
GOOGLE STREET VIEW

Only two of those are sentences, and one of those two doesn't mean what you intended.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

I just did a quick search, and there actually doesn't seem to be a place called Good City anywhere in the world. So maybe THERE IS NOT A GOOD CITY would be more accurate.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

texaskdog

[/quote]
Quote from: Scott5114 on November 02, 2022, 06:23:18 PM
I just did a quick search, and there actually doesn't seem to be a place called Good City anywhere in the world. So maybe THERE IS NOT A GOOD CITY would be more accurate.

WELL dangit there should be!!

Bobby5280

If I could place a hidden message in the first letter of street names I would name the streets so it spelled "T H I C G I R L". It would be fun to make some uptight people angry.

Alps

Quote from: SEWIGuy on November 02, 2022, 02:36:18 PM
http://www.texasescapes.com/MichaelBarr/Hidden-Message-in-Fredericksburg-Street-Names.htm

"The 10 cross streets east of the courthouse in order are Adams, Llano, Lincoln, Washington, Elk, Lee, Columbus, Olive, Mesquite and Eagle. The first letter of each street name spells the phrase ALL WELCOME.

The 10 cross streets west of the courthouse in order are Crockett, Orange, Milam, Edison, Bowie, Acorn, Cherry and Kay. The first letter of each street name spells the phrase COME BACK."
COME BACK is 8 streets :|

Poiponen13

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 02, 2022, 06:23:18 PM
I meant "HERE IS A GOOD CITY", i.e. a city which is good, not a city named Good city.

Poiponen13

New messages:
ALANLAND DOES AND DOES NOT EXIST
JADE IS GOOD
ALANLAND GOATS
USA CANADA MEXICO
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
PUTIN IS BAD BECAUSE HE INVADED UKRAINEEEEEE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHY THIS CITY EXISTS
MEZEN RIVER
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Poiponen13

Quote from: Poiponen13 on November 03, 2022, 04:14:36 AM
New messages:
ALANLAND DOES AND DOES NOT EXIST
JADE IS GOOD
ALANLAND GOATS
USA CANADA MEXICO
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
PUTIN IS BAD BECAUSE HE INVADED UKRAINEEEEEE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHY THIS CITY EXISTS
MEZEN RIVER
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
Sault Sainte John Madden

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.