News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Indonesian tollroads/national roads

Started by gibranalnn, November 29, 2014, 12:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibranalnn

This will be the thread for Indonesian road network (toll freeways, national/regional routes).
Tokufan, mecha enthusiast, transport, architecture and cityplanning fan from Jakarta.

hotdogPi

I know that Indonesia has over 100000 people in the center of the main island, but not much on the edges. Why is this?
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

NE2

Quote from: 1 on November 29, 2014, 06:18:34 AM
I know that Indonesia has over 100000 people in the center of the main island, but not much on the edges. Why is this?
Flooding/typhoons/tsunamis?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hotdogPi

I meant 100 million, not 100 thousand... (I realized this just now.)

Source: http://worldofequaldistricts.tumblr.com/ (shows whole world in 10-million segments)
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Chris

Java contains 143 million people on the size of the state of Arkansas.

gibranalnn

Fact: highways/national roads in Indonesia do not have exits, they only have intersections. Even median-divided highway/national road do NOT have exits!!!
Tokufan, mecha enthusiast, transport, architecture and cityplanning fan from Jakarta.

kurumi

Quote from: gibranalnn on December 02, 2014, 02:31:42 AM
Fact: highways/national roads in Indonesia do not have exits, they only have intersections. Even median-divided highway/national road do NOT have exits!!!

I'm confused by the above.

On Google Maps I see plenty of interchanges around Jakarta on (for example) the inner ring road. (I've never been to Java in person.) Do you mean the term intersection is used instead of exit for an interchange?
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

gibranalnn

FYI, the inner ring road is the tolled 'express lanes' that circles the conventional roads around the inner ring roads here in Jakarta. The 'local lanes' are non-tolled (ex. the outskirts of the inner ringroad, which is Jalan MT Haryono, Jalan Gatot Subroto, Jalan Latumemten and the N1/National Route 1 Jalan Jakarta By-pass). If you want to know about expressways/Jalan Tol in Indonesia ask a YouTuber called "Thinknoodles" or simply PM SignGeek101 or me. (Thinknoodles once moved to Indonesia but moved back to CA when he was at 10th-grade highschool. In Indonesia highschool started at 10th grade. Sorry OOT)

No, I didnt mean that. The term intersection here means a non-freeway junction (like non-divided US Highways/Routes), but the term interchange means a freeway-to-freeway junction. Also you must know 'onramp' which is Interstate Highway entrance on the US and 'offramp' which is an exit on Interstate Highways/some US divided route freeway. The term divided highway here means a highway with dual carriageways.

gibranalnn

And that's the reason the inner ring road and the outer ring road was called "Jalan Tol Lingkar Dalam" and "Jalantol Lingkarluar Jakarta" in Indonesian.

gibranalnn

^^ the above was shot at the Jakarta Outerring Tollroad/outer ring road. The outer ring road itself was a toll road/expressway.

english si

There's some pretty big bridges on Jalan Trans Kalimantan between Banjarmasin and Palangkaraya, not just the massive Barito Bridge, though that is the biggest:

Jembatan Kahayan is also big and beautiful (the other long bridges aren't lookers)

gibranalnn

Here's some pictures of the Purbaleunyi tolled freeway: (it used to have yellow median markings like Interstate Highways but they turned it into white like motorways in UK)

^^ Still use yellow median markings

^^ Exit 76. A typical exit direction BGS in Indonesia

^^ Newer BGS. Still use old regulations

^^ Back to white

^^ New BGS

^^ Blue Highway or Clearview?

More pics coming

SignGeek101

Quote from: gibranalnn on December 12, 2014, 09:04:20 PM
Here's some pictures of the Purbaleunyi tolled freeway: (it used to have yellow median markings like Interstate Highways but they turned it into white like motorways in UK)

More pics coming

Doesn't look Clearview to me. Definitely not FHWA.

If you see a Clearview sign, please take a pic.

gibranalnn

As requested by SignGeek101, here's a Clearview sign at Bandung:

Below the Pasupati Skyway and major parts at Bandung, I saw Clearview signs.

lordsutch

Quote from: SignGeek101 on December 12, 2014, 11:12:32 PM
Quote from: gibranalnn on December 12, 2014, 09:04:20 PM

More pics coming

Doesn't look Clearview to me. Definitely not FHWA.

If you see a Clearview sign, please take a pic.

Looks like Clearview to me.

gibranalnn

^^ A SkyscraperCity user also said that!!!

iPhone

Zeffy

It is Clearview. I just ran my font comparison test and found it to be a practically perfect match to Clearview 5-B.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

SignGeek101

Quote from: Zeffy on December 15, 2014, 04:00:38 PM
It is Clearview. I just ran my font comparison test and found it to be a practically perfect match to Clearview 5-W.

Clearview 5W is only for positive contrast, is it not? But I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. Below is 5B.

Zeffy

Oops, I meant 5-B. I knew something wasn't right when I typed that... :banghead:
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

gibranalnn

Yesterday I headed to Waterbom Jakarta via Airport toll road, and I saw a clearview sign.

gibranalnn

DYK that long-distance tollroads in Indonesia uses closed toll system? And they do not use paper tickets. Alternatively they use card tickets, and if you lose it then you must pay the toll 2x the longest exit on the toll road.

gibranalnn

Notice the Clearview blue sign by clicking on the photo and zoom in
Quote from: rilham2new on SkyscraperCityIni gambar sy poto beberapa minggu lalu.
Ini gambar ujung tol Palimanan, sudah ada tulisan Jakarta untuk lajur kanan

Tol Palimanan Cirebon by AnakMelayuRiau, on Flickr

Atomica

Yes, Indonesia have officially switched over from FHWA's to Clearview as official practise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_signs_in_Indonesia

Clearview signs have also been spotted in the Philippines.
"A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything."
--- Malcolm X, 1925-1965

gibranalnn

Quote from: Atomica on May 03, 2015, 04:06:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_signs_in_Indonesia

FYI, it is I who originally wrote that wiki article!

Quote from: Atomica on May 03, 2015, 04:06:50 AM
Clearview signs have also been spotted in the Philippines

Except on their expressways

gibranalnn

Roadtrip from Jakarta Inner Ring Road to Alam Sutera, via Jakarta Outer Ring Road

Roadtrip from JIRR to Alam Sutera via JORR by Gibranal NN, on Flickr

^ A toll plaza VMS. The VMS say
1    6000
CASH

^ End JIRR, begin JORR

^ Sign telling drivers to slow down as there will be a toll plaza 1 km ahead

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.