Do we have an active person on this forum from every state?

Started by hotdogPi, November 28, 2013, 07:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscar

my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

PHLBOS

Quote from: vdeane on November 30, 2013, 05:18:39 PM
Quote from: empirestate on November 30, 2013, 01:03:51 AM
I am trying hard not to feel slighted by not being the official New York representative.  ;-)
Well, I'm going to be applying for a job in Lebanon, NH, so I might not be representing NY much longer.
Rome to Lebanon.  You seem to typically reside in towns that are named after foreign cities or countries.  Is/Was that intentional?   :)

If you didn't mention the states after those towns; some would think you're a world traveler.  :)
GPS does NOT equal GOD

hotdogPi

Quote from: PHLBOS on December 31, 2013, 04:52:50 PM
Quote from: vdeane on November 30, 2013, 05:18:39 PM
Quote from: empirestate on November 30, 2013, 01:03:51 AM
I am trying hard not to feel slighted by not being the official New York representative.  ;-)
Well, I'm going to be applying for a job in Lebanon, NH, so I might not be representing NY much longer.
Rome to Lebanon.  You seem to typically reside in towns that are named after foreign cities or countries.  Is/Was that intentional?   :)

If you didn't mention the states after those towns; some would think you're a world traveler.  :)

In the United States, Liverpool NY, Rome NY, and Lebanon NH are on the same line.

In the Eastern Hemisphere, Liverpool, Rome, and Lebanon are almost on the same line, but not quite.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

agentsteel53

Quote from: Thing 342 on November 28, 2013, 09:31:14 PM
You can add me for Wyoming, my birth state.

if so, I can represent Hungary. 

I think kphoger and I can unofficially represent Mexico since it seems we are the two who go there the most regularly.

unless someone else has been, I will take it upon myself to represent Patagonia.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kendancy66

sammi

english si

Apparently, despite never having lived there, I apparently represent the Eastern Hemisphere thanks to the absurd assumption that the divide is somewhere just off Newfoundland, rather than just east of Central London.  :no:
Quote from: 1 on December 31, 2013, 05:07:03 PMIn the Eastern Hemisphere, Liverpool, Rome, and Lebanon are almost on the same line, but not quite.
I hardly think this is "almost" - Lebanon is about 1000 miles south http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=ROM-SYD (Liverpool in the eastern hemisphere is a suburb of Sydney. There might be others, though this is the best for that line) - the line barely clips the northern tip of Iraq.

Or was this the kind of thing you were thinking of. Note that this Liverpool is about 3 degrees into the Western Hemisphere and it is still not right!

Oh, if I come off as grumpy, the 2014 fireworks haven't stopped yet and its been January 1 for over 45 minutes.  :angry:

J N Winkler

Quote from: agentsteel53 on December 31, 2013, 05:44:36 PMI think kphoger and I can unofficially represent Mexico since it seems we are the two who go there the most regularly.

You can take Baja and Kphoger (whom I have not seen online in a while) can take Coahuila--I'm calling dibs on Chihuahua.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

agentsteel53

Quote from: J N Winkler on December 31, 2013, 07:57:12 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on December 31, 2013, 05:44:36 PMI think kphoger and I can unofficially represent Mexico since it seems we are the two who go there the most regularly.

You can take Baja and Kphoger (whom I have not seen online in a while) can take Coahuila--I'm calling dibs on Chihuahua.

I'm taking Sonora as well.  we can fight about it later.

jake@aaroads.com

national highway 1

I guess I'm possibly the only representative of Australia in this forum - haven't heard of any other Australian roadgeeks who are members of this forum.
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

Molandfreak

Hoger seems to be in a habit of logging in once a month and making 30-40 posts in that occasional day, so I'd say he still counts as active, just not reliably so.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

bugo

Quote from: national highway 1 on December 31, 2013, 09:21:39 PM
I guess I'm possibly the only representative of Australia in this forum - haven't heard of any other Australian roadgeeks who are members of this forum.

There's Brad, but I'm not sure if he's a member or not.

corco

Quote from: Molandfreak on January 01, 2014, 05:04:09 AM
Hoger seems to be in a habit of logging in once a month and making 30-40 posts in that occasional day, so I'd say he still counts as active, just not reliably so.

The timing of his inactivity indicates we scared him away at the Wichita meet, though he seemed to have a good time

J N Winkler

Quote from: corco on January 01, 2014, 01:17:53 PMThe timing of his inactivity indicates we scared him away at the Wichita meet, though he seemed to have a good time

I don't think we scared him off.  I suspect something may have surfaced in real life that has diverted his attention elsewhere.  His account profile shows a last logged-in date in early November, while his last post was on September 6, and was part of a five-day, 45-post burst (September 2-6).  Before that (no posts at all in August), there were a solid 22 posts made in the four days following the Wichita meet (July 20).  I have received text messages from him intermittently over the past few months, all on road-related topics, the last being on December 23, so he is still in the hobby.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

corco

That's good- he seemed like a cool dude, so I hope all is well for him.

agentsteel53

I chat with him on occasion.  mainly on the topic of Mexican license plate spottings.

(Nayarit!)

jake@aaroads.com

corco

In two years in Tucson I saw more Sinaloas and Jaliscos than I can count (in addition to the border states), but I don't recall ever seeing a Nayarit- and believe me, I was on the lookout for them. I figured if I was seeing a Jalisco plate at least once every day, I'd be bound to eventually see a Nayarit plate. No luck.

webny99

Inspired by this thread I considered making a new topic asking this question, but then realized we already have this one. So do we officially have an active member from every state? Has the list changed much?

oscar

We now have occasional posters from southeastern Alaska, and Hawaii's Big Island.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

webny99

Quote from: oscar on January 25, 2018, 11:53:04 AM
We now have occasional posters from southeastern Alaska, and Hawaii's Big Island.

That's two of the big ones overcome... which users?

hotdogPi

Alabama - Codyg1985
Alaska
Arizona - Pink Jazz
Arkansas - US71
California - agentsteel53 sparker
Colorado - The High Plains Traveler
Connecticut - Kurumi
Delaware - elsmere241
Florida - NE2
Georgia - Grzrd
Hawaii
Idaho - corco
Illinois - Brandon
Indiana - Indyroads US 41
Iowa - Jardine
Kansas - J N Winkler
Kentucky - hbelkins
Louisiana - Sanctimoniously jbnv
Maine - Ian
Maryland - cpzilliacus
Massachusetts - deathtopumpkins 1
Michigan - ftballfan
Minnesota - Molandfreak TheHighwayMan394
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana - Billy F 1988
Nebraska
Nevada - Roadfro
New Hampshire
New Jersey - Zeffy Alps
New Mexico
New York - vdeane
North Carolina - slorydn1
North Dakota
Ohio - vtk
Oklahoma - bugo
Oregon - xonhulu nexus73
Pennsylvania - PHLBOS
Rhode Island - spooky
South Carolina
South Dakota - SD Mapman
Tennessee - Avalanchez71
Texas - Brian556
Utah - elsmere241 roadguy2
Vermont - Froggie
Virginia - Takumi
Washington - kkt
West Virginia - Bitmapped
Wisconsin - mgk920
Wyoming
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

webny99

In a similar vein, I'm going to create a list of which states the top 100 posters are from. This may help us fill in some of the blanks and get a better idea of which states are over/under represented. I'll post it when it's complete.

Max Rockatansky

I'm from California but I think that I was in Florida for a brief bit when I signed up for the forum?  I use a movie reference for my location rather than where I live. 

jeffandnicole

Quote from: webny99 on January 25, 2018, 12:39:41 PM
In a similar vein, I'm going to create a list of which states the top 100 posters are from. This may help us fill in some of the blanks and get a better idea of which states are over/under represented. I'll post it when it's complete.

I think we can tell that from what people write about each state.

webny99

Quote from: jeffandnicole on January 25, 2018, 12:42:33 PM
Quote from: webny99 on January 25, 2018, 12:39:41 PM

I think we can tell that from what people write about each state.

Yeah, but you know how much I love statistics. Or, at least you should know, anyways  :-D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.