News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What song are you currently listening to now?

Started by CapeCodder, February 03, 2021, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

This whole album. What's old is new again, and much of this is as timely now as it was back when the album was first released.

Edit: I'll try with just the link.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mGRkjDs8gvvSS535A9bf7YOseTomlMYqE

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

Crash_It

kphoger

I've been on a 90s kick for little while now, album by album.  Just started playing Wish by The Cure, and the first track is Open.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

amroad17

"Voices" by Russ Ballard
"Red Skies" by The Fixx
"Subdivisions" by Rush
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

webny99

This legendary, timeless masterpiece. The video is exceptionally well done too, albeit a tad graphic. Not often you'll find such a powerful, captivating story told in just 4 minutes.

stlukeyo7

bwana39

Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

webny99

hbelkins

I never cared much for 60's psychedelic rock. But that guitar player, he might go places.

TheHighwayMan3561

I'm not much into gospel-esque songs, but starting watching Star Trek Enterprise brought me here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1bc6kAJJFM
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

webny99

Can't believe I forgot about this one.. a true staple of a bygone era (and by that I mean the 2010's, LOL!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSfKlxH6ZmM

7/8

Quote from: webny99 on June 21, 2022, 11:05:22 AM
No feet tapping, now!

Oh man, this one brings me back to childhood! This song was constantly on the radio. :-D

webny99

Quote from: 7/8 on June 22, 2022, 11:10:44 AM
No feet tapping, now!

Oh man, this one brings me back to childhood! This song was constantly on the radio. :-D

Yes, definitely some late '90's - early '00's vibes (although ironically I don't think I'd heard it myself until a few years ago)!

7/8

Quote from: webny99 on June 22, 2022, 11:12:20 AM
Quote from: 7/8 on June 22, 2022, 11:10:44 AM
No feet tapping, now!

Yes, definitely some late '90's - early '00's vibes (although ironically I don't think I'd heard it myself until a few years ago)!

Wow, I guess our 5 year age difference makes a difference in this case! Smooth was played a lot back then.

And now I'm listening to Torn by Natalie Imbruglia, enough late 90's classic:

Big John

hbelkins

A search for Tony Carey's "First Day of Summer" video on Tuesday led me down the YouTube rabbit hole through some other stuff that I won't post until July, and then this (which, of course, I already knew about.) You have to be really deep into music trivia to know how that chain from "First Day of Summer" leads to this.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

hbelkins

Various live versions of Genesis' "In The Cage Medley" and "Old Medley."

Both evolved during the 1980s in various tours and contained different songs. The "In The Cage Medley" from the Three Sides Live album and the "Old Medley" from The Way We Walk Vol. 2: The Longs are good starting points, but there are some better versions there for the searching on YouTube.

webny99

amroad17

"Jump Around" by House of Pain.

Actually, many songs as I have my headphones on listening to You Tube.  This happens to be on now.

elsmere241

Right now going through my head is a song from Kansas that I don't know the title of.  I'll have to look it up.

I've finally chased Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" out of my head after two or three days.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

amroad17

Quote from: elsmere241 on August 11, 2022, 10:02:51 AM
Right now going through my head is a song from Kansas that I don't know the title of.  I'll have to look it up.

I've finally chased Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" out of my head after two or three days.
I have a list of their more popular songs you can choose from...

"Dust in the Wind"
"Carry On Wayward Son"
"Point Of Know Return"
"People Of The South Wind"
"Hold On"
"Play The Game Tonight"
"Fight Fire With Fire"
"Portrait (He Knew)"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.