News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Yesway to Acquire Allsups

Started by US71, October 08, 2019, 01:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Yesway Convenience Stores has agreed to acquire Allsup's.
https://cstoredecisions.com/2019/10/08/yesway-to-acquire-new-mexico-based-allsups-convenience-stores/

Hopefully, the new owner will clean up the stores... a lot of them are dumps.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hotdogPi

I've never heard of either one.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

MNHighwayMan

US71

Quote from: 1 on October 08, 2019, 01:29:07 PM
I've never heard of either one.

There's a Yesway along I-40 in Oklahoma. Allsup's is common in New Mexico. A lot of them used to carry Fina gas.

triplemultiplex

Allsups is the Casey's General Store of New Mexico, as far as I'm concerned.

The newer Allsups were the best pit stops in New Mexico when I was there.  Old ones could be a little sketch and the one-holer restrooms were annoying.  But if I could find a newer one, that'd be the place to go.  South side of Roswell, off the main drag.  That one was brand new and very clean.
I demolished more than a couple of those chimis, I'm not ashamed to admit.

Yesway must not have been as memorable since I've been all over their territory, but can't remember being in one.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

US71

Quote from: triplemultiplex on October 08, 2019, 05:13:25 PM
Allsups is the Casey's General Store of New Mexico, as far as I'm concerned.

The newer Allsups were the best pit stops in New Mexico when I was there.  Old ones could be a little sketch and the one-holer restrooms were annoying.  But if I could find a newer one, that'd be the place to go.  South side of Roswell, off the main drag.  That one was brand new and very clean.
I demolished more than a couple of those chimis, I'm not ashamed to admit.

Yesway must not have been as memorable since I've been all over their territory, but can't remember being in one.

Yesway is an "up and coming" player sort of like where Shit & Git Kum n Go was 10 years ago before they bought Git n Go

-- US 175 --

Wow, I'm amazed.  The company always seemed like the kind that would never sell, unless maybe it was a cold-dead-hands moment of some kind.  At least the acquirer wasn't Amarillo's infamous Toot 'n Totum (many locals refer to them as "Fart 'n Fetchum"), thankfully.

The article does say that they're going to keep the Allsup's name on the acquired stores.  I wonder if Yesway will remodel any of the Allsup's at all.

US71

Quote from: -- US 175 -- on October 09, 2019, 05:18:38 AM
Wow, I'm amazed.  The company always seemed like the kind that would never sell, unless maybe it was a cold-dead-hands moment of some kind.  At least the acquirer wasn't Amarillo's infamous Toot 'n Totum (many locals refer to them as "Fart 'n Fetchum"), thankfully.

The article does say that they're going to keep the Allsup's name on the acquired stores.  I wonder if Yesway will remodel any of the Allsup's at all.

One would hope. I know Kum & Go has upgraded or replaced a number of Git n Go's.  Of course, my local K&G is tiny and dirty, like the old 7-Eleven that preceded it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.