News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Weirdest Quirks of Your State DOT?

Started by i-215, January 17, 2019, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Quote from: US71 on May 05, 2020, 04:16:13 PM
There's a "Texas U-Turn" at I-30 and US 71 / State Line Rd

There's a lot of Texas U-turns in Texas (and in Texarkana, generally). What's your point?

kphoger

I suspect that, because it wasn't very clear otherwise, US71 had thought bwana39 was saying Texas crossovers don't really exist in Arkansas, and so he posted a counterexample.  Maybe I'm wrong about how that all went down.

Quote from: swhuck on January 21, 2019, 05:22:57 PM
Texas:

The locals generally don't know how to react when an exit is anything other than a short ramp onto a frontage road or a stack interchange. Cloverleafs are rare, and I can't remember having seen a parclo in the entire state.

Quote from: bwana39 on May 04, 2020, 10:15:28 PM
ARDOT put one (Cloverleaf)  at I-49 and I-30 it feels so weird to me. 

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US71

Quote from: jakeroot on May 05, 2020, 06:09:23 PM

There's a lot of Texas U-turns in Texas (and in Texarkana, generally). What's your point?

Because it's half in Arkansas (where there generally aren't any)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jakeroot

Quote from: US71 on May 05, 2020, 07:30:03 PM

I don't really see your point. Was AHTD supposed to have gone crazy and proposed something without frontage roads? Any highway project involving Texas is going to involve frontage roads and U-turns, even when shared with another state.

If your point is that this interchange is a Texas U-turn in Arkansas, you're not wrong. But it seems like more of a technicality, since, let's be honest: TXDOT basically ran the show.

US71

Quote from: jakeroot on May 05, 2020, 09:57:54 PM
Quote from: US71 on May 05, 2020, 07:30:03 PM

I don't really see your point. Was AHTD supposed to have gone crazy and proposed something without frontage roads? Any highway project involving Texas is going to involve frontage roads and U-turns, even when shared with another state.

If your point is that this interchange is a Texas U-turn in Arkansas, you're not wrong. But it seems like more of a technicality, since, let's be honest: TXDOT basically ran the show.

I didn't come to argue. Just point it out.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.