News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

kevinb1994

MNHighwayMan

New rule: bans for posts solely consisting of smileys

kevinb1994

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on June 21, 2019, 09:21:24 PM
Seriously? C'mon man!

hotdogPi

Quote from: kevinb1994 on June 21, 2019, 09:25:23 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on June 21, 2019, 09:21:24 PM
Seriously? C'mon man!
So that's why Roadgeekteen is gone now?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

kevinb1994

SSOWorld

Quote from: kevinb1994 on June 21, 2019, 06:49:01 PM
Quote from: formulanone on June 21, 2019, 09:10:50 AM
Atlases Known to Shrug
:-D :clap:
Brownlie, if you're not going to contribute something constructive (beyond emoji and acknowledgement) posts, please do not post.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

kevinb1994

Quote from: SSOWorld on June 21, 2019, 10:56:42 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on June 21, 2019, 06:49:01 PM
Quote from: formulanone on June 21, 2019, 09:10:50 AM
Atlases Known to Shrug
:-D :clap:
Brownlie, if you're not going to contribute something constructive (beyond emoji and acknowledgement) posts, please do not post.
Gotcha. Thanks.

CNGL-Leudimin

Spanish wine region conquers whole World

(This stems from a social network bot that simulated a World War. It went viral in Spain because it was one of several powers that had arisen, and the bot creator made another bot simulating a civil war between the Spanish provinces, which was won by Rioja. Eventually Spain won the World War, leading to some to say it was actually Rioja the territory that controlled the whole World).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

hotdogPi

Fell for yellow trap, how do I fight the ticket?
Why the New Jersey Turnpike was a boondoggle
Rank forum members from best to worst

tradephoric

A thread you won't see on this forum for more than a couple days is any thread involving daylight saving time. Apparently the moderators have decided that DST is too "touchy" of a subject to be discussed and needs to be locked down.  Nevermind the fact that there has been significant progress towards a change to permanent daylight savings time and it's becoming a real possibility that it will happen.  Such a change would have significant impacts on our daily lives and it seems like a legitimate discussion to have... but apparently not.

hotdogPi

Quote from: tradephoric on July 08, 2019, 11:17:49 AM
A thread you won't see on this forum for more than a couple days is any thread involving daylight saving time. Apparently the moderators have decided that DST is too "touchy" of a subject to be discussed and needs to be locked down.  Nevermind the fact that there has been significant progress towards a change to permanent daylight savings time and it's becoming a real possibility that it will happen.  Such a change would have significant impacts on our daily lives and it seems like a legitimate discussion to have... but apparently not.

The issue was that so many people (including me) were posting just because it appeared in "recent unread topics", and the discussion was mostly the same for 30 pages.

hbelkins

Quote from: tradephoric on July 08, 2019, 11:17:49 AM

A couple of Kentucky legislators have pre-filed a bill that would move Kentucky to permanent DST should the federal government allow states to do so.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

"Points Taken By Clueless Commentors"

"Illinois Finds Something It Can't Tax"

"Special Districts You Haven Been To" be they mosquito abatement districts, sewerage districts, fire protection districts, etc.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

X99

Fictional Highways --> Minecraft Freeway System

because I feel like it would be shunned if I made it
why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

vdeane

I feel like there actually was a thread with Minecraft freeway pictures at some point.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

US 89

noelbotevera

(thread title), The Roadmeet Edition:

-Roadmeets where the itinerary is only available via carrier pigeon
-Mars Roadmeet, in commemoration of FritzOwl, on the date of the next orbit of Halley's Comet
-Roadmeets where the itinerary is written to be as confusing as possible
-The comic book (and manga) roadmeet
-Least popular roadmeets

tolbs17

I'm sure you will never see threads that are political and about race and segregation of America?

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Is Route Clinching Just Filling Your Ever-expanding Void of Inexorable Darkness, or Do You Just Like Driving?

tolbs17

Quote from: kphoger on August 19, 2019, 03:28:26 PM
Quote from: mrhappy1261 on August 19, 2019, 03:03:05 PM
I'm sure ... ?

Is that a statement or a question?
It's a statement. Those threads are not revelent for the forum.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: mrhappy1261 on August 19, 2019, 05:34:49 PM
I'm sure ... ?

New trend: ending statements with question marks. Are millennials killing the punctuation industry?

hotdogPi

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on August 19, 2019, 08:01:29 PM
Quote from: mrhappy1261 on August 19, 2019, 05:34:49 PM
I'm sure ... ?

New trend: ending statements with question marks. Are millennials killing the punctuation industry?

Here's a thread from 2013:

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 30, 2013, 11:51:23 AM
Quote from: vdeane on April 30, 2013, 11:42:41 AM
I detest exclamation marks in brands.

indeed.  the only thing worse is question marks in a brand, like "The Thing?" (Arizona tourist trap), and a brand of jeans which placed, oddly enough, a question mark after an imperative - but I believe they have gone away from it and now are simply "Guess", which is abstruse and postmodern-for-the-sake-of-being-postmodern* but otherwise not all that objectionable.

* is there any other sake? probably not

Guess? has existed since 1981.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.