News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Work to four lane U.S. 171 now complete

Started by UptownRoadGeek, July 19, 2010, 12:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UptownRoadGeek

QuoteWidening celebrated by towns, businesses

FISHER, La. - The Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) and state and local officials today celebrated the widening of the U.S. 171 corridor, which spans from Lake Charles to Shreveport.

"The widening of U.S. 171, which travels the length of Louisiana's western border, will serve as a crucial north-south evacuation route as well as improve highway safety and accommodate the transportation needs of businesses and residents alike," said DOTD Secretary Sherri LeBas, P.E. "The improvements along this corridor will help encourage economic growth across the region by providing a reliable route for transporting goods and providing easier access between communities."

DOTD celebrates opening of U.S. 171 corridor in western Louisiana

US71

Quote from: UptownRoadGeek on July 19, 2010, 12:55:50 AM
QuoteWidening celebrated by towns, businesses

FISHER, La. - The Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) and state and local officials today celebrated the widening of the U.S. 171 corridor, which spans from Lake Charles to Shreveport.

"The widening of U.S. 171, which travels the length of Louisiana's western border, will serve as a crucial north-south evacuation route as well as improve highway safety and accommodate the transportation needs of businesses and residents alike," said DOTD Secretary Sherri LeBas, P.E. "The improvements along this corridor will help encourage economic growth across the region by providing a reliable route for transporting goods and providing easier access between communities."

DOTD celebrates opening of U.S. 171 corridor in western Louisiana

I remember it being a big mess last Fall when I drove it..
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Hot Rod Hootenanny

It was only a medium mess when I drove it back in the winter '05.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.