Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Fictional Municipality/County Changes

<< < (42/48) > >>

mgk920:
Lots of multi-county cities in Wisconsin and Illinois.

Mike

kphoger:
I'd probably just merge some counties together in states where they're fairly small.

Something like this:

Roadgeekteen:

--- Quote from: kphoger on February 21, 2023, 12:49:07 PM ---I'd probably just merge some counties together in states where they're fairly small.

Something like this:

--- End quote ---
I don't love the idea of merging big urban counties which already have lots of people with many small rural counties. And I don't love that county gore with Topeka stretching to the KC suburbs.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 21, 2023, 01:01:34 PM ---I don't love the idea of merging big urban counties which already have lots of people with many small rural counties. And I don't love that county gore with Topeka stretching to the KC suburbs.

--- End quote ---

Counties already have both urban areas and rural areas in them.  For example, Sedgwick County has Wichita, but it also has Clearwater, Cheney, and Bentley.  What problem do you foresee that you wouldn't like?

Why shouldn't Topeka's county extend to the edge of the KC suburbs?  I chose that particular boundary precisely because Leavenworth County doesn't really have much "KC suburbs" in it at all—just Lansing, really, and that's pushing the definition of a suburb.

At any rate, it was a quick-and-dirty revamp.  My point is just that I'd prefer larger counties like that.

Poiponen13:

--- Quote from: kphoger on February 21, 2023, 01:14:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 21, 2023, 01:01:34 PM ---I don't love the idea of merging big urban counties which already have lots of people with many small rural counties. And I don't love that county gore with Topeka stretching to the KC suburbs.

--- End quote ---

Counties already have both urban areas and rural areas in them.  For example, Sedgwick County has Wichita, but it also has Clearwater, Cheney, and Bentley.  What problem do you foresee that you wouldn't like?

Why shouldn't Topeka's county extend to the edge of the KC suburbs?  I chose that particular boundary precisely because Leavenworth County doesn't really have much "KC suburbs" in it at all—just Lansing, really, and that's pushing the definition of a suburb.

At any rate, it was a quick-and-dirty revamp.  My point is just that I'd prefer larger counties like that.

--- End quote ---
Wichita should be consolidated with Sedgwick County, creating city with many rural areas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version