News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Mike for Mile

Started by roadman65, October 28, 2022, 12:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Does anyone have issue with spell check changing the word Mile to Mike?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

7/8

Is your phone set to metric? :colorful:

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hotdogPi

When I'm typing, it feels like my iPhone knows which part of the key I type, and it will be more likely to correct (usually a legitimate correction) when I press closer to the key I'm intending to hit. There are some seemingly random combinations of letters that it somehow knows what I intended to type even though only zero or one letter is correct.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Max Rockatansky

It appears as an option on my phone for autocorrect but doesn't default to it.

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Scott5114

Mike is a pretty average name, so we can assume he's a pretty average guy. The average height of a U.S. male is 5 ft 9 in, or 69 inches (nice). One mile is 5280 feet, or 63,360 inches. Dividing this by 69 gives us a conversion rate of just a hair over 918¼ Mikes per mile.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

jeffandnicole

I have that issue every ducking time.

mgk920

Gotta love spelcheckers and autocorect!   :cool:

Mile

Road Hog

I live 35 mikes from downtown Dallas.

Dangit!

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Scott5114

I just had a fun spellcheck failure. I had Firefox set to Canadian English for reasons, and it flagged the word "pre-drilled", which it does in American English too. But the American dictionary suggests "pre-filled", whereas the Canadian one has a much longer list of suggestions...one of which is "pee-drilled".

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2022, 12:58:40 AM
I just had a fun spellcheck failure. I had Firefox set to Canadian English for reasons, and it flagged the word "pre-drilled", which it does in American English too. But the American dictionary suggests "pre-filled", whereas the Canadian one has a much longer list of suggestions...one of which is "pee-drilled".

Sometimes, one's urine flow is just that strong.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Scott5114

Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 05, 2022, 01:01:04 AM

What are y'all even doing up in Canada??

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2022, 01:03:48 AM

We use urine to melt snow, obviously.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2022, 01:03:48 AM

Thinking ahead to ice fishing?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.