Regional Boards > Great Lakes and Ohio Valley

Indiana Notes

<< < (522/541) > >>

JoePCool14:

--- Quote from: silverback1065 on November 14, 2022, 12:52:55 PM ---what's the 3/4ths error?  :hmmm:

--- End quote ---

It's the Error that makes Signs look like This

Engineers read the phrase in the MUTCD that states that lowercase letters should be 3/4ths the size of uppercase letters, and then instead of letting the font do what it's already designed to do, change the font size of lowercase letters, which results in 3/4ths times 3/4ths (double 3/4ths).

bmeiser:
Anybody have any idea when the CR 550 / I-65 exit is going to open in Boone County? I found an article stating "by November", but that didn't happen. I haven't seen anything going on over there lately and it looks pretty much complete. I mainly just want to use the bridge so I don't have to go up to the crazy 267 interchange.

hockeyjohn:
The SR 37 intersection with 141st Street in Fishers will be temporarily converted into a RIRO configuration until an interchange is built at some yet to be determined date.   https://37thrives.com/updates/

Now if INDOT will do something about the strange, short three-lane situations that have been created between 135th and 141st Streets.   It's hard to succinctly describe the situation, but long story short, going northbound the left lane ends after 135th Street replaced by a continuing merging lane from 135th Street effectively requiring all through traffic to have to shift right one lane.   Southbound is basically the opposite with all through traffic having to shift one lane left.   The signage for both situations is terrible and I'm surprised this hasn't caused a number of accidents.

silverback1065:

--- Quote from: bmeiser on December 01, 2022, 03:04:27 PM ---Anybody have any idea when the CR 550 / I-65 exit is going to open in Boone County? I found an article stating "by November", but that didn't happen. I haven't seen anything going on over there lately and it looks pretty much complete. I mainly just want to use the bridge so I don't have to go up to the crazy 267 interchange.

--- End quote ---

hate to break it to you, but it's literally the exact same interchange design  :-D

silverback1065:

--- Quote from: hockeyjohn on December 01, 2022, 03:57:31 PM ---The SR 37 intersection with 141st Street in Fishers will be temporarily converted into a RIRO configuration until an interchange is built at some yet to be determined date.   https://37thrives.com/updates/

Now if INDOT will do something about the strange, short three-lane situations that have been created between 135th and 141st Streets.   It's hard to succinctly describe the situation, but long story short, going northbound the left lane ends after 135th Street replaced by a continuing merging lane from 135th Street effectively requiring all through traffic to have to shift right one lane.   Southbound is basically the opposite with all through traffic having to shift one lane left.   The signage for both situations is terrible and I'm surprised this hasn't caused a number of accidents.

--- End quote ---

Fishers did this project. INDOT gave them control until the job was done. the lane config is dumb af and poorly signed too. they need to do something about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version