News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hi From San Francisco, CA and New York, NY!

Started by catsynth, April 09, 2017, 02:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catsynth

Hi there.  Long-time fan of AARoads and road-geekery in general.  I grew up in the New York metro area, but currently reside in San Francisco with my cat.  I have traveled extensively by road around the US, including completing I-80, and nearly completing I-95 - just need a bit between Ft Lauderdale and Cape Canaveral to finish. :colorful:

I'm also working on a fun highway-themed iPhone app at the moment and looking for beta testers.  I wasn't quite sure which is the right sub-forum for that, is it General?

Cheers,
Amanda (CatSynth)
http://www.catsynth.com
Highway☆ App for iOS
Highway☆ App for Android

Completed 2di: I-80, I-87 (NY), I-84 (E), I-86 (E), I-97, I-44

7/8

Welcome from Kitchener, Ontario! I think General Highway Talk would be a fair place to put that post, but even if the mods disagree, they can move it for you. I'm curious now to see what your app is about :)

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

Rothman

Welcome.  If you haven't checked out Travel Mapping, you should.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

usends

Hello, I recognize your name from twitter.  Looking forward to hearing more about your app.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Alex

Welcome to the board Amanda! Also recognize you from both the AARoads FB page and also on Twitter.  :nod:

catsynth

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I shall share more on the app soon :)

Highway☆ App for iOS
Highway☆ App for Android

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

kurumi

Welcome from the South Bay (and formerly from CT). I remember finding some CT commentary on your site back in the day.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

catsynth

Quote from: kurumi on April 10, 2017, 01:23:38 AM
Welcome from the South Bay (and formerly from CT). I remember finding some CT commentary on your site back in the day.

Ah, yes.  I was just looking back at some of those old articles, including the ones from CT 😺
Highway☆ App for iOS
Highway☆ App for Android

noelbotevera

Welcome from Pennsylvania. I also live in a house with a cat. He's nearing 30 pounds 'cause we used to feed him a lot.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

SignGeek101

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.