News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Police Car LED Lights not very visable if car parked at angle

Started by Brian556, June 16, 2014, 11:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Where I live, I've seen the police park their cruiser at an angle behind the vehicle they are stopping. The problem is that it renders their LED light bar almost invisible. I guess they don't realize this.

I'm wondering if certain brands/ models of bars have this problem more than others. I do know that some LED's have wider viewing angles than others. I think in the future, SMD LED's will be the norm, and this will be much less of a problem.

Zeffy

I've never experienced this myself, but I think I like the old rotating lights rather than the new LED lights on emergency vehicles (think the NYPD patrol cars). Anytime I've seen a police car with it's lightbar active that has pulled someone over, they have been clearly visible, and that's both the NJ State Police or just the local municipality cars.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.